Crossbow Nation banner

101 - 120 of 243 Posts

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
I saw a group of 6 gobblers and hens lay down in the middle of a huge field today after they noticed me coming on my side x side. Once I passed they stood up and took off running toward the woods. That was pretty neat. Maybe their brain is a little bigger than a pea after all. 😁

·
11,268 Posts
I saw a group of 6 gobblers and hens lay down in the middle of a huge field today after they noticed me coming on my side x side. Once I passed they stood up and took off running toward the woods. That was pretty neat. Maybe their brain is a little bigger than a pea after all. 😁
Think about ... how much data they store on a 1 terabyte Micro-SD card in your phone. Gives a better appreciation of how much data a turkey can store with a pea size brain that probably has the storage capacity of 3 micro-SD cards. :rolleyes::oops: Actually, I'm not surprised they're outwitting all you guys at all.:p😂;)

·
Registered
Backinda woods of Maine
838 Posts
Think about ... how much data they store on a 1 terabyte Micro-SD card in your phone. Gives a better appreciation of how much data a turkey can store with a pea size brain that probably has the storage capacity of 3 micro-SD cards. :rolleyes::oops: Actually, I'm not surprised they're outwitting all you guys at all.:p😂;)
Morning Duke. Ya wisecracker.
Have a good day
Oncebitten

·
11,268 Posts

·
11,268 Posts
Duke I'm a lunatic turkey hunter and use Excalibur Recurve crossbows exclusively. That outta give you enough material for today.
Oncebitten

·
Registered
Backinda woods of Maine
838 Posts
We're tryin. In this same spot on youth day we had a tom and three Jake's battling. My daughter had gobbler fever and emptied her quiver, hitting nothing but brush. In practice she never misses. The longbeard she saw opened her grouping considerably.😂🤣😆

Ma and I are hear today hoping to lure em in. So far nothing moving or gobbling.
Oncebitten

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
Had the perfect setup this morning. I had 4 gobblers on the inside corner hillside on the Roost. I had a strutter decoy out and hen decoy in the feild about 20yds. In front of me. All of these birds were above me with a perfect view of my decoys probably 100yds. from them on the roost. I'd say 2 of them went up the hill, 2 of the Other ones came to the fields edge. Put it this way they had little interest in my decoys, and walked 300yds. To the bottom of the field where i watched that gobbler yesterday. Only gobbling to a woodpecker hammering a hollow tree right behind me at times. By 9am. I was soaked from blowing rain. I had fun anyways, Maybe tommorow....i got a text from a fellow hunter friend of mine he missed 2 today with his Shotgun he's looking for answers....lol.

·
Registered
Nemesis 480 & DeathStalker 380, I live near Greensburg PA. I enjoy building custom strings
7,653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #113 ·
It was raining here all morning and it's still raining...we called it off until tomorrow morning....hopefully it won't be raining. If it is. I won't be able to make it out again until next week.

·
2,451 Posts
They will respond to a lot of noise but if you respect their ability to see even the smallest of movement, you’ll do well.

·
11,268 Posts

LOL ... you guys are a riot. Must be great being a turkey hunter. There's so much glee and boastin about lack of success, Lord only knows the eruption if any of yez actually anchor one. Spect yezid all be like a bunch of Pee-wee Herman's doing an Indian dance around the campfire. 😂

·
Registered
852 Posts
Hunted a section of Delaware State Forest this morning....only one other vehicle parked across the road..got aways back and forgot to put ammo in my vest! 😧
Hustled back to the truck then back out..
Heard two quick shots early but distant.
Heard one bird light up around 645-7..just once and he was a good ways off.
Heard two more quick shots around 830, again way in the distance. I sat and called sporadically till about 10..then the 2 hour drive home as I had a foot therapy appointment..just started to drizzle as I was leaving.
Saw a few vehicles driving very s-l-o-w-l-y.. figured they were probably road hunters..
Back at it again tomorrow!!

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
Sounds like you're day started like mine, as I was taking my charger ccd off when I grabbed the knob it fell to the ground, I thought Wth. So then I had to grab it by the threads to get it off. Well when I got it off and let go of it the pin and spring went flying, I found the knob and spring right away but didn't find the pin till about 8 am. So yes Duke we do have lots of excuses....... I would say that's why i didn't get a shot today....lol.

·
Registered
852 Posts
Fortunately I was mountain biking it, so I was able to get back to the truck pronto!
The damn gnats were BRUTAL..

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
Fortunately I was mountain biking it, so I was able to get back to the truck pronto!
The damn gnats were BRUTAL..
Not dealing with natts yet here, but it started to rain prety steady right at daylight here thismorning. I didn't hunt in any of my blinds thismorning even though i knew rain was comming. I wanted to be closer to them on the roost this morning. Maybe get in a blind tommorow, supposed to rain again here tommorow.

101 - 120 of 243 Posts