Crossbow Nation banner

Finally Got it done, Meat on ice!!!!

3K views 42 replies 27 participants last post by  HORNS-A-PLENTY 
#1 ·
I was blessed to have the opportunity to shoot a mature doe today. Didn't think I'd get it done this year but I kept at it. Alabama season is nearing it's end but still more time till mid February. I'm pumped and fired up because the rut is about to start further south I go in my state. Meat aging on ice tonight.

I took the only shot I had on a green field at 47 yards and I destroyed my Zombie Slayer. It broke it in three places. Weird! Not sure why and I don't care. When you don't expect it the unexpected happens. That's the beauty of hunting.

Used my trusty Barnett TS370 and doubled lunged her and she bolted off 50 yards with a good blood trail.

I am stoked and ready to go back out early tomorrow with hopes to get a buck.

Shoot on!

Bow and arrow Deer hunting Deer Bow Hunting

Electrical supply Electrical wiring Wire Gas Metal

See less See more
#2 ·
I was blessed to have the opportunity to shoot a mature doe today. Didn't think I'd get it done this year but I kept at it. Alabama season is nearing it's end but still more time till mid February. I'm pumped and fired up because the rut is about to start further south I go in my state. Meat aging on ice tonight.

I took the only shot I had on a green field at 47 yards and I destroyed my Zombie Slayer. It broke it in three places. Weird! Not sure why and I don't care. When you don't expect it the unexpected happens. That's the beauty of hunting.

Used my trusty Barnett TS370 and doubled lunged her and she bolted off 50 yards with a good blood trail.

Shoot on!

View attachment 164052
View attachment 164054
Well done my man and Congratulations Tom!

I can almost smell the eggs and backstraps you'll be cookin tomorrow morning. ;)

Reactions: TomOnTheRun
#10 ·
Yep, Excal DeadZone speed scope. I bought mine for $30 dollars on Ebay and you can find them pretty easy for $50. Note: this is a non illuminated scope. No big deal for me. Good light comes though the scope. I just but the POA between 40 and 50 yard reticles. I like this scope because it's not heavy.

#8 ·
Congrats Tom.:) Nice doe. That arrow is just another souvenir to go with your memories.;):)

#15 ·
Congrats!
The majority of deer (non suburban) react to the incoming arrow when that arrow comes into the 8/10 yard range from point of impact. If she was dropping at impact, the shoulder blades could have bent the shaft as it passed and caused it to break....maybe. Very odd, so I am looking for anything that would solve that mystery. Probably not :D
No matter (as you said) the loss was far outweighed by the gain :)

#19 ·
Congrats on a big doe Tom. I am very happy to see that you scored on a late season animal. I hope that you get a shot at a bruiser sized buck before your season ends too. I have had a few arrows snap like that but they usually are still in the deer when it happens. Maybe it hit a rock after the pass through.

#22 ·

Shoot on!

View attachment 164052
View attachment 164054
Nice work! Congrats

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.