Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my TS370 back from Barnett the other day after them having it for nearly three weeks. It does seem it was worth the wait though. I took it out on the range and shot two arrows at 20yds. They both hit about 6 inches low and three inches off center. I whipped out my scope calculator and made the adjustments it recommended and bang, two shots dead center, arrows touching. And this was free-hand. I figured I better not do that again so I got my Caldwell fieldpod out and moved back to 40yds. First two shots were again touching. That's almost unbelievable accuracy after only six shots. Since I got this thing back I am very pleased with the results. I didn't think I would be able to shoot anything as well as I can my Horton Storm but after just a few shots with this, I'm changing my mind. I got this bow as a back-up but with it being so much lighter than my Storm, I can see myself hunting with it on a regular basis. I haven't decided about the scope. I have a Parker Pin-Point I could put on it but it seems to be shooting so well I don't know what I'm going to do yet.

·
Registered
5,055 Posts
Happy to hear you got the crossbow back.
Did they do anything in regards to illiminating the hump as the string
crosses the rail stock when the crossbow is in the uncocked position?

Thanks for the up date.
Yale care.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Happy to hear you got the crossbow back.
Did they do anything in regards to illiminating the hump as the string
crosses the rail stock when the crossbow is in the uncocked position?

Thanks for the up date.
Yale care.
It doesn't hump nearly as bad as when I sent it in, so I know they did something to it. I still plan on doing the shims as the string is still touching the rail. But whatever it was before has vastly improved. All the invoice says is they tightened the nose boss, whatever that is?!?!?

·
Registered
6,373 Posts
It doesn't hump nearly as bad as when I sent it in, so I know they did something to it. I still plan on doing the shims as the string is still touching the rail. But whatever it was before has vastly improved. All the invoice says is they tightened the nose boss, whatever that is?!?!?
Pastorjim,

This is great to read and I won't be surprised if you don't gravitate to this Xbow because of the sum of it's value for hunting, shooting and handling.

Warning: Keep shooting you may not want to stop shooting this Xbow. :cool:

Stay the course with the shims your strings will last much longer. No rush get use to the fun and good luck!

Reactions: dynamo61

·
Registered
6,373 Posts
What are your thoughts about Trigger Tech trigger?

Lot's of good speed scope options. You can pick up Excal Dead Zone non illuminated scope for $50 on Ebay. I have two and they are legit accurate. However, some may not like the triangle reticle. I personally do if cost is factor.

Hawke XB-1 is very good and I have it on my BearX IntenseCD and I'm very impressed with that scope.

As I prepare for Colorado Hunt I'll be going back to my Sig Sauer Red Dot Romeo5 because magnified scopes are not legal during early archery season.

Keep Shootin'!

Reactions: dynamo61

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What are your thoughts about Trigger Tech trigger?

Lot's of good speed scope options. You can pick up Excal Dead Zone non illuminated scope for $50 on Ebay. I have two and they are legit accurate. However, some may not like the triangle reticle. I personally do if cost is factor.

Hawke XB-1 is very good and I have it on my BearX IntenseCD and I'm very impressed with that scope.

As I prepare for Colorado Hunt I'll be going back to my Sig Sauer Red Dot Romeo5 because magnified scopes are not legal during early archery season.

Keep Shootin'!
I like it, although I'm still getting used to it. My Storm's trigger has some travel in it and that's what I was used to. This one has no travel at all and seems to be very crisp. I just have to get used to the breaking point. As far as a scope, I will probably end up putting my Parker Pin-point scope on. I have always preferred a single aiming point. I also want you to know that I appreciate all your help and advice through this process.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,373 Posts
Good luck!

·
Registered
3,780 Posts
I shoot the utg 3x9x32 bugbuster on my 370. Single crosshair with 5 yard mildot increments. Marty has been running a $50.00 string and cable special. Both Tom and I are getting 375 fps + with 400gn using them. Great deal.

·
Registered
6,373 Posts
HT's Bug Buster scope you can see an ant at 40 yards with that 3-9x32 scope. :cool: If I took the time to use the mill dots I'd go sans HHA but HHA is so darn convenient.

·
Registered
3,780 Posts
I am nearsighted so the the ability to dial in works great. Being nearsighted I see up close exceptionally well so the mildots are very clear to me. They actually have tiny holes in the center of each mildo T. My buddy cannot See the holes but they are clear to me and can see color on target thru them. $75.00 on amazon.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts