Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Crossbow Nut
3,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Bought it used from a disgusted owner, and after experiencing what has to be the worst trigger in the crossbow industry, I did some trigger work that removed half or better of the pull poundage and creep. Seems to be getting better after continued shooting, or else I'm getting used to it.
Also got the redesigned cocking sled, and that removed the drama associated with cocking it. Very narrow, fairly fast at 401fps, and very accurate. Now if I could just get rid of the wheels and cables LOL
Before

After

·
2,785 Posts
Glad you are liking it better now, Cal. You could always get rid of the wheels and cables. Not sure how long the center serving would last at that string angle and 500# draw though. ;)

·
Registered
236 Posts
Good to hear I still have the old type sled and after seeing the new one you posted on here I will probably try getting one Im also working on a crank cocker for it, I won a carbin express quite crank off ebay but it seems to be tied up in the mail so no telling when I will get it, if it works out I will post some pics on here

·
Crossbow Nut
3,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If anybody can fix a crossbow it would be you Cal

Sent from my LGLS885 using Tapatalk
Thanks Randy but I'm pretty ignorant when it comes to triggers; just got lucky this time.

·
Crossbow Nut
3,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Good to hear I still have the old type sled and after seeing the new one you posted on here I will probably try getting one Im also working on a crank cocker for it, I won a carbin express quite crank off ebay but it seems to be tied up in the mail so no telling when I will get it, if it works out I will post some pics on here
Lookin forward to your mods & pix, John T.

·
Crossbow Nut
3,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
A friend from church was over yesterday to learn how to shield bud fruit trees. When we finished, I asked if he wanted to shoot the cp400 and he said he'd like to. After a dozen or so shots, I asked him what he thought about the trigger, and he said he thought it was very smooth and the first shot, he said, went off before he expected. Nice to have a 2nd opinion that it now has a decent trigger.
Said it was better than the factory Matrix 380 he has, before he replaced it with a TriggerTech.

Reactions: JOE PA

·
Crossbow Nut
3,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sounds like you did a very good trigger job on it.
I'm very happy with it, Robert. I still think the bow is overpriced, even at $599 minus the $100 rebate but this bow will do what I want. Probably most of the cost associated with this bow is related to its Ravin parts. I still have mixed feelings about it. I dislike railless designs, so in that respect, I like this design better than the Ravins BUT I'd like to see it about 3" shorter. Also, because of the Centerpoint name, kinda get the impression that it's sorta Nerf-like, BUT that is quickly dispelled when you shoot it, it's a real thumper. I have a tiny 2 moa single red dot on it that is good 20 to 40 yards. Might put my Parker pinpoint on it later though. Overall, if it came from the factory with a good trigger, it might be priced Ok at $499-599. When you see that their Sniper could be bought at $200, this is just overpriced IMO.

·
Registered
5,352 Posts
I'm very happy with it, Robert. I still think the bow is overpriced, even at $599 minus the $100 rebate but this bow will do what I want. Probably most of the cost associated with this bow is related to its Ravin parts. I still have mixed feelings about it. I dislike railless designs, so in that respect, I like this design better than the Ravins BUT I'd like to see it about 3" shorter. Also, because of the Centerpoint name, kinda get the impression that it's sorta Nerf-like, BUT that is quickly dispelled when you shoot it, it's a real thumper. I have a tiny 2 moa single red dot on it that is good 20 to 40 yards. Might put my Parker pinpoint on it later though. Overall, if it came from the factory with a good trigger, it might be priced Ok at $499-599. When you see that their Sniper could be bought at $200, this is just overpriced IMO.
You may be able to take some length off at the butt stock end of the CP400. The short Amped 415 butt stocks may help in that regard but it could affect LOP and eye relief as well. I'm expecting a CP400 any day for trigger/brush work and I'll see if the Amped butt stock makes any difference.

·
Crossbow Nut
3,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Sounds great, I'd like know how that works out. I plan to hunt it like it is this season but after that I have plans to shorten to about 28", and move the trigger forward etc. But if I can temporarily shorten it with the Amped buttstock, that sounds good too.

·
Registered
5,352 Posts
Sounds great, I'd like know how that works out. I plan to hunt it like it is this season but after that I have plans to shorten to about 28", and move the trigger forward etc. But if I can temporarily shorten it with the Amped butstock, that sounds good too.
I just put one on my Sniper and it shortened that bow up quite a bit fully collapsed which helped with the cocking process.

·
Crossbow Nut
3,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Would appreciate a heads up on how that works on that 400. If that works out, would save a bunch of work. Thanks!

·
Registered
5,352 Posts
JP - If you are trying to shorten the bow to make it easier to cock I think the butt stock can help. The Amped 415 is 6" from the back of the camo stock to the pad edge when it's fully collapsed. I have not tested fit in the extended position but I'm only 5'9" so I don't think it will be too short.

It looks like 31".end to end.

If I had one I'd need to do this and I'd also take 1" out of the foot stirrup.

Reactions: Jack Pine

·
Crossbow Nut
3,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
JP - If you are trying to shorten the bow to make it easier to cock I think the butt stock can help. The Amped 415 is 6" from the back of the camo stock to the pad edge when it's fully collapsed. I have not tested fit in the extended position but I'm only 5'9" so I don't think it will be too short.

View attachment 182027

Been thinkin about that stirrup. I've used rope and strap on orher bows before and worked pretty well for my purpose; loss of weight at that end.
I wouldn't care about the length, but this bow will be adapted around use in the Ameristep 1-man chair blind.

·
Registered
5,352 Posts
Been thinkin about that stirrup. I've used rope and strap on orher bows before and worked pretty well for my purpose; loss of weight at that end.
I wouldn't care about the length, but this bow will be adapted around use in the Ameristep 1-man chair blind.
I kinda like the stirrup for a stand and it folds away. Not sure it's an issue in the Chair Blind. My 2 cents on that blind which I have used as well. Get the 2 seater which is still very portable, not much bigger than the one seater but the extra space is gold.

Reactions: dynamo61

·
Registered
5,352 Posts

View attachment 182027

The Amped butt stock will work on the CP400 but the holes in the CP400 tube need to be enlarged slightly to hold. These are the indexing holes for the different stock positions.

·
Crossbow Nut
3,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
I kinda like the stirrup for a stand and it folds away. Not sure it's an issue in the Chair Blind. My 2 cents on that blind which I have used as well. Get the 2 seater which is still very portable, not much bigger than the one seater but the extra space is gold.

View attachment 182035

View attachment 182036
I love my chair blind, but I HATE that crappy chair. It's OK if you put a pad in it to keep from sinking down into it.
So disgusted with it that I redneck rigged 1 with a director's chair. Much better but loses its easier portability. I'll be working on that.

·
Crossbow Nut
3,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
The Amped butt stock will work on the CP400 but the holes in the CP400 tube need to be enlarged slightly to hold. These are the indexing holes for the different stock positions.
What is the OAL of the CP400 with the Amped buttstock fully collapsed?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts