Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know I can buy the Ravin lighted nocks but also know that the Firenocks will work. Anyone have any experience with them? Are they as expensive as the Ravins? I have the inserts that Bill got his hands on and want to use the lighted nocks with the Spynal Taps I have from Jerry.

Any help or opinions welcomed

Thank You

jonothan

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have a few fire nocks from before and they will work on the standard ravin bolt. Last I looked they were within a few dollars of the ravins.
Not to derail but the ravin lighted nocks will also work in the reg bolt just fine without a special insert. 2 twist with 400 grit paper and they go in with the same force as the factory lighted. Bolt will weigh about 10gr more though.

·
Registered
10,860 Posts
They are both expensive. I bought some Ravin nocks at a much better price than retail off the classifieds and got the inserts from Tapp Nation. I use hot melt to glue the inserts in place so I can change back out to other nocks as needed. Works well. The Ravin nocks are about impossible to remove from the after market inserts I bought.
If I had to pay $15 per nock I would probably just use Firenocks with the U nocks. No inserts needed with them. More expensive up front though.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts