Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,
Bought my new crossbow ( a PSE Fang HD) a couple of months ago. Really never played with crossbows in the past and I am eager to learn. Unfortunately, in my small backyard I can't shoot her past 20 yards and hadn't had the chance to go outdoors and stretch it out further. Anyway, I am down in Southeast Texas( Beaumont) , married and I have two boys , 6 and 8. Be patient cause I will have a bunch of questions.
Chris

·
Premium Member
741 Posts
Welcome El Greco (name of a boat I took through the Greek Isles in 2001).
We all have to start somewhere and you picked one of the best forums for learning.
Have fun, be safe and enjoy!
Cheers,
George

·
Registered
69 Posts

·
Premium Member
741 Posts
Thanks guys. That's funny I used to be a skipper in Greece
Too cool!
The Aegean and Mediterranean are in my blood.
I took Mom to see her Sister in a little town called Edessa, 1.5 hours drive west of Salonika (a.k.a. Thessaloniki of course).

Then I took the El Greco from Salonika to Crete and stopped at quite a few islands along the way.
It was a huge ship, some 5 or 6 levels high and you could drive your car right into the hull of it.
Transport trucks even drove into the hull.

Got stuck on Crete (in Iraklion) an extra 2 weeks due to 9/11 but I did not mind.
Mom stayed in Edessa and flew home a few weeks later by herself.

Met a cool retired USAF pilot (what were those huge planes called, the cargo planes...Hercules or something like that?) and his wife who worked for NATO.
She was stationed in the Netherlands and they were on vacation together.
He was a spitting image of Tommy Lee Jones.

We hung out for the extra two weeks visiting the archaeological museums, restaurants, shopping, some bars and what not.
He and I enjoyed quite a few quarts of beer and sharing our travel adventures.

A lot of the girls were topless on the beaches and he would click away at the hotties with his Nikon camera and zoom lens.
I was a little embarrassed at first but then noticed that his Wife, 15 years younger than him, would not even bat an eye, so I went with the flow LOL.

Man, too much caffeine, wind, sunshine and yard work today, there I go rambling again. :oops:

So, once again, welcome El Greco.
Ask lots of questions, share your own experiences and don't be shy.

There are some very cool and knowledgeable folks here.
I learn a lot every time I visit!

Cheers,
dynamo61

·
Registered
12,949 Posts
Welcome to the boards. :)

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
Welcome

1 - 10 of 10 Posts