Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
TenPoint Seige
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took today off to go turkey hunting in Maryland with my brother. We had torrential down pours last night, and in fact it was raining most of our drive down to the farm we hunt. But luck shined on us as the final drops fell as we were about two miles from the farm. The gobblers were locked jawed on the roost while dark and as the day dawned, we're guessing it had something to do with the hard rain last night. However it wasn't long after legal shooting time that we began to hear some gobbles around us. At one point early on we had at least four birds gobbling in different directions near us. A few had hens with them, as we could hear the hens clucking and yelping along the stream and hedgerow that bordered the field we were hunting. Eventually we had a gobbler that had come through two hedgerows and another field to get to our decoys, I actually saw him gobbling in the field through a hedgerow about 150 yards away as he worked his way to us. He ended up coming right into our decoy set about 15 yards from our blind, and my Tenpoint Siege did it's job.

Below is a link to a video I shot with my GoPro. Not sure why my caller was huffing and puffing so hard before and after I shot this bird, but you can hear him clearly if you turn up the sound. :LOL: I momentarily forgot I was filming after the shot, so I hope you don't get seasick from the camera movement. I eventually remembered and leveled out the camera and pointed back out the blind, but the bird was finished by then.

2021 Turkey

Here is a pic we posed for afterwards.
1620151846990.png

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Congratulations on your first bird! Thanks for sharing your story.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
14,085 Posts
Congrats on your first crossbow Tom.(y):)

Reactions: WDR Jr

·
Registered
Tenpoint Siege, Ripper 415, Vortex,
457 Posts
I took today off to go turkey hunting in Maryland with my brother. We had torrential down pours last night, and in fact it was raining most of our drive down to the farm we hunt. But luck shined on us as the final drops fell as we were about two miles from the farm. The gobblers were locked jawed on the roost while dark and as the day dawned, we're guessing it had something to do with the hard rain last night. However it wasn't long after legal shooting time that we began to hear some gobbles around us. At one point early on we had at least four birds gobbling in different directions near us. A few had hens with them, as we could hear the hens clucking and yelping along the stream and hedgerow that bordered the field we were hunting. Eventually we had a gobbler that had come through two hedgerows and another field to get to our decoys, I actually saw him gobbling in the field through a hedgerow about 150 yards away as he worked his way to us. He ended up coming right into our decoy set about 15 yards from our blind, and my Tenpoint Siege did it's job.

Below is a link to a video I shot with my GoPro. Not sure why my caller was huffing and puffing so hard before and after I shot this bird, but you can hear him clearly if you turn up the sound. :LOL: I momentarily forgot I was filming after the shot, so I hope you don't get seasick from the camera movement. I eventually remembered and leveled out the camera and pointed back out the blind, but the bird was finished by then.

2021 Turkey

Here is a pic we posed for afterwards.
View attachment 197900
Congratulations!! Let the Siege begin!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts