Crossbow Nation banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My first time out bow hunting and my first deer on the first day! Spent 5 hours the week before tracking deer trails, etc. My friend said he saw 6 deer yesterday so I asked if he wanted to go in the AM. Was out in our area for 30 minutes before I got this 8 pointer! All my gear is coming as you can see I'm not prepared gear wise, but a good hunt nonetheless!

Crossbow is a Centerpoint 370 Sniper with a Tenpoint RangeMaster Pro, using a BEE arrow with a grim reaper mechanical broadhead.
Plant Smile Tree Hat Natural landscape

Registered
My first time out bow hunting and my first deer! Spent 5 hours the week before tracking deer trails, etc. My friend said he saw 6 deer yesterday so I asked if he wanted to go in the AM. Was out in our area for 30 minutes before I got this 8 pointer! All my gear is coming as you can see I'm not prepared gear wise, but a good hunt nonetheless!

Crossbow is a Centerpoint 370 Sniper with a Tenpoint RangeMaster Pro, using a BEE arrow with a grim reaper mechanical broadhead.
View attachment 208661
Congrats on a nice deer! Looks like you made a great shot 2. Impressive for a first time kill! I hope you didn't get 2 much blood on your sneakers gutting him out! 馃榿 馃ぃ

Registered
My first time out bow hunting and my first deer! Spent 5 hours the week before tracking deer trails, etc. My friend said he saw 6 deer yesterday so I asked if he wanted to go in the AM. Was out in our area for 30 minutes before I got this 8 pointer! All my gear is coming as you can see I'm not prepared gear wise, but a good hunt nonetheless!

View attachment 208661
Didn't anyone tell you that you can't kill a deer without $500.00 worth of camo clothing ?
Nice deer by the way , Good for you !

Registered
Sounds like all your scouting paid off for ya. Congrats on a nice deer and getting your first one with a crossbow.:) I used to hunt with all my older friends when they were alive and we all dressed in liberty overalls and a red plaid shirt. It didnt take camoflauge to kill deer with our rifles. I think it gives you a little advantage getting them up close though. IMO it's more important that you pick the "right tree" with cover instead of just wearing camoflauge. Congrats again.:)

Reactions: cbhunter and Pluxo

Registered
Don't you worry about "deer hunting clothes" too much. Ive killed deer wearing IZOD shirts and khakis.

Matter of fact, I'm in my blind right now wearing a pair of Merrell shoes and navy blue work pants. LOL

Rifle season opened today

Leg Outdoor shoe Grey Automotive tire Grass

Registered
Ain鈥檛 nothing to this crossbow hunting. ;):LOL:
congrats on a great start to your crossbow hunting career.

Reactions: MN_Willie

Registered
Barnett Whitetail Hunter STR
That鈥檚 awesome! How did the grim reapers perform? Did you get a pass through? I鈥檓 trying them this year also. Opening day is Friday. I can鈥檛 wait!!!

Registered
Nothing like that first bow deer. Congratulations. On a nice start and on what looks to be an awesome shot. Well done!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts