Crossbow Nation banner
1 - 20 of 95 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got my first Mission today. Got a good deal on a Sub1 XR that I couldn't pass up. Threw on my HHA and Vortex scope. I forgot how much eye relief the Vortex has. I had to mount the scope pretty far forward. Since I have no warranty I am going to shoot some BEE's WWB made me for my TenPoints. 18.5" with Alpha HP nocks, 110 gn inserts and AV2 vanes weighing around 440 grains if I remember right. I'm hoping to get this bow sighted in this weekend and see what it will do at long range.
Anything I need to be aware of or look for from you Mission guys? Thanks in advance!
Automotive tire Table Motor vehicle Wood Automotive wheel system

18.5" arrow (I know point isn't screwed in all the way lol)
Bicycle handlebar Bicycle part Gas Auto part Wood

·
Premium Member
3,717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You are looking good Jim, congratulations! Were you able to zero the Vortex with no problems? My Vortex Diamondback 4-16 maxed out with down elevation.
I have not sighted it in yet. Hoping to get it done today or tomorrow. Thanks for the heads up!

·
Administrator
TP Nitro 505, Vapor 470, Siege, Sub 1 XR
2,142 Posts
You are looking good Jim, congratulations! Were you able to zero the Vortex with no problems? My Vortex Diamondback 4-16 maxed out with down elevation.
Try and put a shim under the bottom of the front side of the scope between the ring and the scope tube. Soda can strips will work.

·
Premium Member
3,717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Looks like you have the quiver mount attached to bow. I received my new XR on Tuesday and have been shooting it indoors some.
Yep, got the mount just no quiver. I might end up just trying to mount something other than a Mission quiver or just keep a quiver in my backpack if I hunt with this bow. Over 100 bucks for a quiver is nuts IMO.

·
5,270 Posts
I was wondering about that with the Sub series. My MXB Dagger, and now my Darton ( they share some trigger and scope rail tech) both have a lot of down angle to the scope rail. With the Darton, I had to get Burris z rings to get a scope dialed in.

·
Premium Member
TP RS470, Ravin R29, Excal 400, Sub1 Xr
811 Posts
Try and put a shim under the bottom of the front side of the scope between the ring and the scope tube. Soda can strips will work.
May have to do that AJ. The best I can get from Burris ring inserts is 40 moa (@ 100 yds)
I'm 6 inches high @ 10 yards.
Don't think those will work.

·
Registered
819 Posts
Looks good! I got my XR three days ago. Decided to put the Burris Oracle X scope on mine. I'm switching from the mission arrows to Dragon Claws that came in yesterday. So today will be sight in day for the new arrows.
I mounted my Huskemaw to my new XR yesterday and sighted it in at 15 yds in my basement. Hoping to get outside to finish, but these damn temps and humidity are brutal; I'm soaked just sitting outside. The Mission arrows are very lightweight but very stiff. I removed the metal nock and carbon tube is quite thin. Believe Victory made the shafts, so most likely a very high modulus carbon to achieve that stiffness. I made up some Sirius arrows which are shooting very well, just as stiff, but the weave should make them much stronger. Using the Firenock D3 nocks and also playing with some Lumenok GTC nocks.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I mounted my Huskemaw to my new XR yesterday and sighted it in at 15 yds in my basement. Hoping to get outside to finish, but these damn temps and humidity are brutal; I'm soaked just sitting outside. The Mission arrows are very lightweight but very stiff. I removed the metal nock and carbon tube is quite thin. Believe Victory made the shafts, so most likely a very high modulus carbon to achieve that stiffness. I made up some Sirius arrows which are shooting very well, just as stiff, but the weave should make them much stronger. Using the Firenock D3 nocks and also playing with some Lumenok GTC nocks.
Yep - Dealing with heat here too. I shoot a few and then cool off, then go back out and shoot a few more. Towards late evening, things get better and I can keep at it.

·
Registered
Deathstalker 380 Spynal Tapps Rage Hypodermics
465 Posts
Yep, got the mount just no quiver. I might end up just trying to mount something other than a Mission quiver or just keep a quiver in my backpack if I hunt with this bow. Over 100 bucks for a quiver is nuts IMO.
search the compound classifieds over on A.T......you should be able to find a Mathews/Mission quiver reasonable.

·
Premium Member
3,717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Agree with you guys about the heat! Phew...just got done sighting the XR in at 20. 🥵 No issues getting the scope to zero in. WWBs killer BEEs are shooting pretty darn good from this bow! I'll get a tape picked out for the HHA maybe tonight when it cools down some. This trigger is going to take some getting used to. Maybe something is wrong with it but it seems awful stiff to me. No travel but it takes an awful lot of pressure to get it to break. 🤷‍♂️
Anyway...as always here's some pics! 😆
Plant Sky Cloud Tripod Natural landscape

Wheel Tire Automotive tire Motor vehicle Grass

1 - 20 of 95 Posts