Crossbow Nation banner
21 - 40 of 78 Posts

Registered
Ten Point Nitro 505 Burris Oracle X
Yep, got the mount just no quiver. I might end up just trying to mount something other than a Mission quiver or just keep a quiver in my backpack if I hunt with this bow. Over 100 bucks for a quiver is nuts IMO.
Jim
In todays world what is another 100 bucks for archery stuff? Plus you would get another mount with quiver..maybe mount on your stand and you would have a great set up! :)

AJ would say...Spend The Money! Lol

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Jim
In todays world what is another 100 bucks for archery stuff? Plus you would get another mount with quiver..maybe mount on your stand and you would have a great set up! :)

I'm sure he's already thinking I'm a cheap ass and to quit whining and go buy one! 馃槀

Reactions: Regohio

Premium Member
Agree with you guys about the heat! Phew...just got done sighting the XR in at 20. 馃サ No issues getting the scope to zero in. WWBs killer BEEs are shooting pretty darn good from this bow! I'll get a tape picked out for the HHA maybe tonight when it cools down some. This trigger is going to take some getting used to. Maybe something is wrong with it but it seems awful stiff to me. No travel but it takes an awful lot of pressure to get it to break. 馃し鈥嶁檪锔
Anyway...as always here's some pics! 馃槅
View attachment 229369
View attachment 229370
Those legs on that tripod may spread out a tad bit further! LOL I just can't help it.....

Great shooting my friend!!!

• Haha
Reactions: One eyed archer

Premium Member
Jim

Back in my Harley days, I would have sworn HD meant "hundred dollars"

Go in a Harley store and try to walk out without spending that or way more......

Reactions: Regohio

Premium Member
I think I could spend it just putting in fuel to drive to the Harley Shop. (Just sold mine- Guess my biking days are over)
Yep, same here. A few years back I drove up on 3 fatal bike wrecks right after they happened, within about a 2 week period. I sold mine not long after! Two was people pulling onto the highway and the other ran a red light in their cars.

I love to ride and have since I was 14, but not at the expense of some idiot playing with their phones.

Just about every car you pass, someone is looking down at their phones, regardless of the " hands free" laws now.

Registered
Ten Point Nitro 505 Burris Oracle X
Back in my Harley days, I would have sworn HD meant "hundred dollars"

Go in a Harley store and try to walk out without spending that or way more......
Rode Harley's for about 10 years. I think first couple years my wife bought every piece of Harley stuff she could find and I bought several t shirts. Not to mention chrome for the bikes etc. crossbows are much cheaper!

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Not owning one myself, I am curious why it would need an added stirrup?

If one were shooting longer bolts with broadheads extending further out, I could see the need?
Easier to rope cock. Not really needed if only using the crank IMO.

Registered
Easier to rope cock. Not really needed if only using the crank IMO.
If you're short, adding a stirrup may make rope cocking harder. If you're tall, a stirrup may feel more comfortable.

The ease of rope cocking and more importantly rope decocking (with two hands while set on safe) is one of the main reasons I would buy a Mission crossbow. If I needed a crank for a crossbow in that price range, I would be buying a crossbow with an integrated ACCUslide system.

I don't see the need for a stirrup to hang it. It would hang on any sturdy hook as easily as any compound bow, but it would be nice for dirty boots I guess.

I sort of like the fact that a Mission crossbow doesn't need a stirrup hanging off the front, but I can see the value in one, too. Thanks for answering my question! I hope you enjoy your new crossbow!

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
I'm thinking #25 is going to be my tape for the HHA. Shot today at 60 yards to pick a tape and I'm thinking this will work! 馃槈馃槀
Shoe Plant Leaf Road surface Automotive tire
Tire Wheel Vertebrate Automotive tire Plant
Plant Branch Road surface Grass Font

This bow is stupid accurate. I really wish the trigger was better though. I am afraid when I get back farther it is going to really affect my shot. 馃し鈥嶁檪锔

Registered

Administrator
TP Nitro 505, Vapor 470, Siege, Sub 1 XR
I'm thinking #25 is going to be my tape for the HHA. Shot today at 60 yards to pick a tape and I'm thinking this will work! 馃槈馃槀
View attachment 229541 View attachment 229542 View attachment 229543
This bow is stupid accurate. I really wish the trigger was better though. I am afraid when I get back farther it is going to really affect my shot. 馃し鈥嶁檪锔
The triggers are nothing to write home about for sure. But these bow flat out shoot well there no doubt about it.

Registered
Yep, got the mount just no quiver. I might end up just trying to mount something other than a Mission quiver or just keep a quiver in my backpack if I hunt with this bow. Over 100 bucks for a quiver is nuts IMO.
I put a Bohning quiver on my MXB. The mount is by Bohning and it attaches to the picatinny rail under the scope. It comes off easily so I can hang it in the tree.
The Mission quiver that I took off my Mathews Mustang is too stiff to take off and on the cross bow鈥t least for me.
Sunset

21 - 40 of 78 Posts