Crossbow Nation banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a 36 year veteran of bow hunting, prior Marine of 4 years who loves the outdoors, fishing, hunting, hiking and recently experiencing some kayaking with the family. Im a first time crossbow hunter just this year, enjoying the sport , trying to involve the family, friends, and let them experience my passion of outdoors
I just recently purchased a crossbow, so if I ask stupid questions let me know
I plan to hunt with family, most importantly in my life right now.
Recently lost a good friend/ hunter just a week ago so my priorities have changed..
I plan to experience the outdoor life to the fullest.
I hope you bear with me as I may ask questions that may seem stupid.
I just purchased a Excaliber compact 340 , hopefully I will experience a kill , wish me luck.
My name is Steve

·
Registered
16,350 Posts
Welcome to the boards.

·
Registered
4,164 Posts
Steve, welcome to the Nation. Thank you for your service. I’m sorry for the loss of your friend. 🙏🏻 Nice choice of bow. I recently bought the Excalibur Micro Mag340 and I love that bow. And, there are no stupid questions. When I started I had a lot of questions and the fine folks on here helped me learn.
I’m still learning 😉

·
Registered
312 Posts
Welcome from WV.
I lost my best friend back in 2011 and kinda know how you feel. We were hunting and fishing buddy's for 35 years. Its devastating to loose any loved one.
Ask away, these people here on CBN are a great bunch and there's lots of knowledge here.
There ain't no stupid questions. Good luck and
Thank you for your service and God bless

·
Registered
302 Posts
I'm a 36 year veteran of bow hunting, prior Marine of 4 years who loves the outdoors, fishing, hunting, hiking and recently experiencing some kayaking with the family. Im a first time crossbow hunter just this year, enjoying the sport , trying to involve the family, friends, and let them experience my passion of outdoors
I just recently purchased a crossbow, so if I ask stupid questions let me know
I plan to hunt with family, most importantly in my life right now.
Recently lost a good friend/ hunter just a week ago so my priorities have changed..
I plan to experience the outdoor life to the fullest.
I hope you bear with me as I may ask questions that may seem stupid.
I just purchased a Excaliber compact 340 , hopefully I will experience a kill , wish me luck.
My name is Steve
Welcome. Sorry about the loss of your friend.
There are no bad questions…it’s all a learning experience.
I started shooting a crossbow about a yr ago when I could no longer draw enough to stay legal. I wanted to get into the woods before muzzleloader season because the rut is coming in rather than going out here. It’s been a journey with both joys and a few frustrations but with a lot of great advice, tips and encouragement from great folks on the forum its been fun. To top it off I shot my first crossbow buck last week (our opening here in Fl).
Sunset

1 - 20 of 23 Posts