Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to refletch my Raven arrows, the problem is the Arizona easy Fletch that I have doesn't seat the arrow correctly for height. as the picture shows the Raven vanes are substantially higher up than a black executioner. I have a bittenberger that will work but I was just wondering if there's a way to make the Arizona easy Fletch work. also should I use the offset bitz or straight

·
11,196 Posts
I'd get another Arizona and glue in seating stops at the right height.

Reactions: brent h

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'd get another Arizona and glue in seating stops at the right height.
If you look close there is no room to go higher. I would have to start cutting plastic. Just our luck a proprietary thing from Ravin. LOL

·
11,196 Posts
Why not cut the plastic? As long as there's enough meat to work with "have at it"...lol

·
Registered
627 Posts
Go with the bitz, you can mark your clamps for the right amount of set back and adjust your amount of helix or offset. I use sharpie markers on the one I have.

·
Registered
3,103 Posts
You need the longer arms for the arizona....ones that will fletch a 4 inch vane. Or pull your nocks out,that will gain you some room.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Add a secondary nock extension to raise the shaft higher

Edit: my mistake I thought you wanted to lower the vanes.
There are longer replacement arms that can be modified to allow foe vane placement.

·
11,196 Posts
Bitz... is slow as molasses. My Arizona is old as dirt and reaches half way up the arrow...lol. I think it dates back to my Fred Bear Polar LTD and 36", 635gr aluminum arrows!

·
Registered
627 Posts
The jig is only as slow as the drying time. I use a arizona too, but you that is a fixed jig with no adjustment no to mention its sloppy as hell. I guess it just boils down to what you want for your finished product.

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
thanks everybody

·
Registered
13,763 Posts
Bitz... is slow as molasses. My Arizona is old as dirt and reaches half way up the arrow...lol. I think it dates back to my Fred Bear Polar LTD and 36", 635gr aluminum arrows!
They are slow but work so well unless you are doing a lot of arrows at once. I rarely do over 6 at a time. ;)

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
The Arizona wont work for a Ravin, to much offset/ Bitz it is

·
Registered
6,757 Posts
The setback doesn’t need to be that much to fit in the Ravin trigger housing. Factory fletching is way more than needed.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts