Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone ever have point of impact change after adjusting the focus ring on your scope? Just curious

·
Registered
205 Posts
Really that just doesn't sound right to me has long has you are just using the focus ring and not the speed ring. POA/POI shouldn't even change on a variable power scope when you go from 3x to 9x.

Learn something new everyday I guess.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
205 Posts
Really that just doesn't sound right to me has long has you are just using the focus ring and not the speed ring. POA/POI shouldn't even change on a variable power scope when you go from 3x to 9x.

Learn something new everyday I guess.

Let me correct myself on a FFP scope there should be no change. On a SFP scope there should be minimum change at your average hunting distances. Don't want to get yelled at lol.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Appreciate the replies so far. I had a 3 inch change at 50 yards, was pondering what changed and remembered I adjusted the focus ring. I’m not saying that was the change, just curious

·
9,279 Posts
Focus? The objective lens or the ocular eye piece? The objective lens could make a difference in accuracy if your cheek weld is inconsistent.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Focus? The objective lens or the ocular eye piece? The objective lens could make a difference in accuracy if your cheek weld is inconsistent.
Ocular eye piece. Most people I know refer to it as the focus ring.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts