Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I still have my original take off illuminated TP scope that came with my RDX400, I bought a Rangemaster Pro and although I like this scope, I'm having problems with it fogging up in the mornings and at night... any recommendations on speed variable sco po es out there that wont fog up? Or any tips on how to prevent this?

·
Registered
377 Posts
Is it fogging up or getting condensation on it? They are 2 different things. Fogging generally occurs on the inside of the lenses and condensation usually happens on the outside of the lenses. If it's fogging up that means the scope is not air tight and if it had any nitrogen or argon purging, it has likely all leaked out. Condensation will usually happen when you have an extreme temp change, such as walking out of the air conditioned house in to the 90 degree heat with your scope. You can try to treat the lenses with an anti-fog wipe, but that's only temporary if it works at all. The Evo X Marksman is one of the best XB scopes on the market. I doubt you will have any of these issues with thee Evo. All depends on how much you want to spend. You can go Hawke, Sig BDX, Vortex, etc.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts