Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,735 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Put in our food plot today. I just received and new spreader and cultipacker and both worked great. The spreader is made by Fimco and the cultipacker is made by PackerMAXX.
I planted winter wheat, Daikon radish and winter peas. It rained hard last night and sprinkled some while planting. 80 % chance of rain tonight and tomorrow.
I wish I had took the time and showed how well the PackerMAXX worked. Loved it!

·
Registered
3,735 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
how wide does that spreader spread?
They claim, 5’ - 45’
I had the speed dial set halfway at #5 and it was spreading probably... Im guessing....10’ ? Perfect or what I was doing.
I never tried turning the dial up spreading seed, but it real turns fast if you speed it up.
I purchased it from Zoro.com They had the best price.
Fimco spreader is also called Moose Spreader, same Spreader.
The seed size adjustment gauge works great.

·
Registered
3,735 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I envy you. Living in a concrete jungle does not afford me the opportunity to play farmer and grow deer. LOL! Lookin good Nitro! (y)
Thanks Buddy. I’m blessed that the lady who owns this property let’s me hunt and play farmer.

·
305 Posts
Looks great, now if someone would come out with a similar sized ag (powdered) lime spreader life would be even simpler. I already have the PackerMaxx too.

·
Registered
3,735 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thx, I need to get something for my mule. Hand cranking 3 acre plot is getting old !
I agree, I got tired of the hand cranking. This spreader works great.

·
Registered
13,328 Posts
Looks great, now if someone would come out with a similar sized ag (powdered) lime spreader life would be even simpler. I already have the PackerMaxx too.
Seeing as I'm a cheapskate I U-tubed a very cheap version of a cultipacker. Think I'll make this one when I get some time off work to use next year. I will probably only build the 4' version to pull behind my ATV though.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts