Registered
1,852 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Click on this link:

Reactions: dynamo61

·
Registered
43 Posts
Crazy this post is up top when I come here looking for answers. I bought one of these just a week ago and finally tried it out today on my Ripper. I was shocked at how badly they actually work. 1st draw with it and my resultant bolt hit 4" right and 1.5" high at 20 yards. That was enough. I'm gonna try to return it. My shoulder injury will just have to get better so I can use the rope. Quite disappointed.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Um!
I tried tge sled earlier last week before I tuned it. I couldn't tell any difference in the sled compared to my rope cocker shooting the same arrow.

Reactions: dynamo61

·
Registered
43 Posts
What I noticed was the sled was rotated clockwise once the string had locked in the full back position. The right side was farther back. The scope was dead on the last time I shot the bow, but its been a while since its been shot. It has been stored in a hard case though. I didn't have my rope cocker with me at the time to compare. I will the next time I shoot.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Just shot with the rope and the left/right is perfect, but hit same height as with the crank setup. So unless the cables spool up the same and the sled draws back perfectly straight every time I will always hit left or right of center.

Your roller setup fixes the far end of the sled, but if the other end isn't kept straight also it will draw one side over and cause a left or right miss. My first shot was 4" right at 20yards...

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just shot with the rope and the left/right is perfect, but hit same height as with the crank setup. So unless the cables spool up the same and the sled draws back perfectly straight every time I will always hit left or right of center.

Your roller setup fixes the far end of the sled, but if the other end isn't kept straight also it will draw one side over and cause a left or right miss. My first shot was 4" right at 20yards...

I tried mind today and didn't have any problems with it. My shots repeated with or without the sled. I prefer the rope because it is more convenient and faster. Since I am 70 years old I figured I should have it for days when hand cocking isn't my best choice.
You mentioned the right side torquing. That is why I wrapped the base post with electrical tape so minimize that action. It help with mind. I learned it is important to have the cords spoiling on and off smoothly for easy operation.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If you check out this photo you can how well the sled sets of the bow. It is about as good as it will be. Whenever I mount the sled into the stock I push down to make sure it is seeded well.

Notice how the sled's rear is just wide enough to fit over the stock while the front is just wide enough to fit over the rail.

20200914_162837.jpg

20200914_162936.jpg

·
Registered
43 Posts
I'll have to do some more checking on mine. Mine seemed to add wraps quicker on the right side spool while cranking. Maybe adding tape to the left would fix mine like yours...

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Actually I suggest you uncoil all the cord to start fresh. That way it provides you an opportunity to get both sides in sequence.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Is this the same with the dsc that comes with the swat xp. Or are they totally different. I mean the problems. I know this is a sled and the dsc has hooks

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
No! these aren't the same.I have no experience with the Dead Silent Cocker.

According to Killer Crossbow website:
KI SERIES CRANK COCKER for Killer Instinct Crossbows including - Ripper 415, KI350, KI360, KI365, CHRGD 330.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts