Crossbow Nation banner

21 - 40 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
360 Posts
I will be buying a bow soon, however, like Joe said, all the arrow and nock specific rigs have me turned off from alot of the offerings. Still looking right now, just not sure.

·
Registered
3,430 Posts
I will take a cp nock to local shop and test on different vertical shafts for fit.
I got a gold tip Hunter 300 cut down to 20 inches. Gpi 9.3. Had a 50 gn insert with a 50 gn screw in weight installed. little Dremel sand and cp nock in. No vane right at 400 gn. Decided to try it at 15 yards as did not know how straight at distance. Blew thru my iron man and bag target behind and was destroyed on the tree behind. Apparently there is something to small diameter arrows. This one was .303. My Bloodsports are .344. The hyperflite are .204

·
Registered
3,430 Posts
I wanted the 250 series which are .309 they did not have any. I really think these can be shot out of ts and xp series xbows with penetration off the charts. Nock lined up on string perfectly. Hopefully a experienced arrow builder takes a look at this.

·
Registered
6,019 Posts
I got a gold tip Hunter 300 cut down to 20 inches. Gpi 9.3. Had a 50 gn insert with a 50 gn screw in weight installed. little Dremel sand and cp nock in. No vane right at 400 gn. Decided to try it at 15 yards as did not know how straight at distance. Blew thru my iron man and bag target behind and was destroyed on the tree behind. Apparently there is something to small diameter arrows. This one was .303. My Bloodsports are .344. The hyperflite are .204
Keep after it. There is something to this.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Would t these arrows ride too low in the rail? Looks like they wouldn’t be centered with the string, pointing downward with the nock snapped on.

·
Registered
6,019 Posts
Here is the CP nocks that HuntersThommpson put on these arrows.

Mike, well done! Great looking nocks to string on your Barnett TS370. Keep at it with the smaller diameter arrows.

·
Registered
6,019 Posts
Cp nocks are halfmoon. Tom can you upload that nock string pict?
Barnett HyperTac Pro 430
Barnett HyperTac Pro 430

Barnett HyperTac Pro 430

Barnett’s shiny new penny, the HyperTac Pro 430, is a compact horizontal wonder designed with shooter comfort in mind. Every touchpoint on the crossbow is fully customizable. Shooters will love the flip-down Verti-Grip as well as the micro-adjustable butt stock and cheek piece. Designed to be ultra-maneuverable, this 8.9-pound crossbow measures 9.5-inches between the axles when cocked and hits a top speed of, you guessed it, 430 fps. The bow’s blend of a traditional frontend and narrow backend provide second-to-none balance. This balance along with multiple shooter customization points leads to exceptional downrange accuracy. Promising undeniable smoothness is the 3-pound, zero-creep TriggerTech trigger. Frictionless Release Technology creates a free-floating roller between the sear and trigger, which allows the shooter to execute each shot at a heightened level. The bow’s forend is a pass-through style with a multi-position pistol grip. Anti-Dry Fire (ADF) and nock sensors increase safety and boost peace of mind. This 14.25-inch power stroke shooter comes with a 1.5-5x32 red/green illuminated speed compensating scope, multi-position quiver and pre-installed string dampeners. The crossbow comes fully assembled and is ready-to-hunt right out of the box. ($800; barnettcrossbows.com)
I like where the have the built in CCD. I bet no de-cocking. Also, I bet it's going to be a 10lb Xbow. Now if the had a XP400 with same suit in CCD weighing at 6.75 lbs they would have something special. Same riser.

Reactions: JCAT

·
3,237 Posts
So, the ID of the arrows these nocks fit is what? .246, .244? I know GT compound arrows used to be .246. Haven’t really looked at compound bow arrows for years.

·
Registered
6,019 Posts
I like where this is heading.

·
3,237 Posts
Just FYI, I was trying to get some Gold Tip .246 100 grain brass inserts, and there seems to be a 2-4 month wait. Found a “ no brand” .244 100 grain brass insert on Amazon. Ordered those and the cp nocks. :)

·
Registered
3,430 Posts
Just FYI, I was trying to get some Gold Tip .246 100 grain brass inserts, and there seems to be a 2-4 month wait. Found a “ no brand” .244 100 grain brass insert on Amazon. Ordered those and the cp nocks. :)
The local shop had none either, why I had to use a 50 gn with a 50 gn screw in weight. The I.D is .246 and the O.D on the 250 series is .309. What got me on this was people saying their nock alignment was slightly off because rail channel was too tight.

·
3,237 Posts
That is the case with my RDX frankenbow too. Choice was trying to make up some skinny arrows, or getting the rail opened up. Trying the arrows first. Found some Carbon Tech Cheetahs to use. Should end up about 385 grains total weight for 18”.

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
I like where the have the built in CCD. I bet no de-cocking. Also, I bet it's going to be a 10lb Xbow. Now if the had a XP400 with same suit in CCD weighing at 6.75 lbs they would have something special. Same riser.
Tom if i remember right that ccd. system was touting decocking a coulpe years back,when they first made that system, but who knows for sure.

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Joe bloodsport has an ROC outsert for .244 for there vertical arrows, don't know if u can buy them seperatly or not though.

·
Registered
6,019 Posts
I'm down with this arrow energy.

·
Registered
6,019 Posts
Tom if i remember right that ccd. system was touting decocking a coulpe years back,when they first made that system, but who knows for sure.
Yea, I remember.

·
Registered
6,019 Posts
That is the case with my RDX frankenbow too. Choice was trying to make up some skinny arrows, or getting the rail opened up. Trying the arrows first. Found some Carbon Tech Cheetahs to use. Should end up about 385 grains total weight for 18”.
Joe, keep us up to date. I think this is some cool arrow energy in play per HuntersThompson.

21 - 40 of 55 Posts