Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As I am getting into crossbows as a hobby, I have been researching what different products many are using including rail lube. I have seen several people are using TRIDENT Pure Silicone Grease and have been pleased with the results. I have several new jars of the stuff from other hobbies so thought of filling some small sample sized applicator bottles and sending them out to anyone wanting to give it a try for their review. I have been pleased with using it, granted I shoot a fraction as often as most here and have minimal experience with other products to compare. A little of this stuff goes a long way, has no smell / taste and has tons of other uses. I think you may find the sample bottle with applicator ideal as you can apply it to the rail and smooth it out with the applicator wand so no need to touch it. It will reach into places where your fingers can not

DISCLAIMER: These bottles are sold for, and commonly used for the packaging of Lip Gloss. If your significant other should ask you to explain why you have what may appears to be a bottle of ladies lip gloss
in your possession, I can not be held responsible.

If interested, contact me with an address to ship to

·
Registered
3,538 Posts
Send any and all divorce subpoenas and subsequent attorney fee bills, to CraigVM....:D:D

Reactions: Andy77 and 1eyedbob

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It does not have the consistency of a typical grease. Much thinner. It is favored in many other applications because it does not attract / hold dirt.

·
Registered
29 Posts
As I am getting into crossbows as a hobby, I have been researching what different products many are using including rail lube. I have seen several people are using TRIDENT Pure Silicone Grease and have been pleased with the results. I have several new jars of the stuff from other hobbies so thought of filling some small sample sized applicator bottles and sending them out to anyone wanting to give it a try for their review. I have been pleased with using it, granted I shoot a fraction as often as most here and have minimal experience with other products to compare. A little of this stuff goes a long way, has no smell / taste and has tons of other uses. I think you may find the sample bottle with applicator ideal as you can apply it to the rail and smooth it out with the applicator wand so no need to touch it. It will reach into places where your fingers can not

DISCLAIMER: These bottles are sold for, and commonly used for the packaging of Lip Gloss. If your significant other should ask you to explain why you have what may appears to be a bottle of ladies lip gloss
in your possession, I can not be held responsible.

If interested, contact me with an address to ship to

I sent you a pm and I'd love to try some of your still willing to share

·
Registered
13,358 Posts
Received my vials CraigVM. Just too hot to shoot right now. When I start back I'll be sure to post my review.;) Thanks again.:)

Reactions: markX

·
Registered
876 Posts
Thanks for the sample Craig, it works great!! Absolutely no oder and it's not greasy like some rail lubes from little squeeze tubes. It leaves a slick dry surface that won't gum up your trigger box. LB

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Very welcome and glad you like it.

·
2,745 Posts
Man nice offer and if I was looking I would hit you up. I have to ask you said "it has no smell or taste" Did you actually taste the stuff?

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Trident Pure Silicone Grease is primarily used to lubricate the 0-rings and seals of SCUBA and SCBA regulator components .... Many a diver and fireman have tasted the stuff.

·
Registered
833 Posts
Thanks for my sample Craig!
I like it. Little dab'll do you and odorless.
I also use it on the carbon shaft for easier removal from the Block.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Your more than welcome.

·
Registered
4,716 Posts
Trident Pure Silicone Grease is primarily used to lubricate the 0-rings and seals of SCUBA and SCBA regulator components .... Many a diver and fireman have tasted the stuff.
This is what I have been using for a while on my Barnett Ghost 410 crossbow string and cables with a light coat on the rail. Very happy with it. An excellent product.
All the best.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
While I have only had experience with a few manufacturer lubes, so far this stuff seems to work just as well. What I personally have found to be much better than the "chapstick" packaged lubes are these "lipgloss" applicator bottles. I can apply it evenly on the rails without needing to get it on my fingers. The wand reaches easily into tight spots like the cable guide slid thingy.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts