Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good afternoon crossbownation friends, I open this topic for users of Ripper 415 Killer Instinct Crossbows so that we share our experiences among different users from different parts of the world.
A hug to all and an excellent 2020 for all.

You can see my post:

https://www.crossbownation.com/community/threads/ripper-415-shot-a-54-6-yardas.97926/

https://www.crossbownation.com/community/threads/ripper-shot-at-65-yardas.101008/

https://www.crossbownation.com/comm...-at-50-meters-54-6807-yardas-standing.102176/

You can see my video:

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
Mario, Good thread unique to our Rippers.

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
Here is my most recent KI Ripper 415 crossbow experience/success:

The morning after Christmas I was lucky to take a nice doe. I was setting in a lockon stand about 25 feet up in a large white oak. The doe (5) came from my left passing behind me. When the large doe broke out I had just brought my Ripper 415 around to position. I gave a "naaah!" sound to stop the doe. She was about 15-20 yards but I didn't have time to get the distance. I know it was close. I instinctively put the top crosshair where I thought it needed to be and put the arrow thru her.
She ran out about 70 yards and crashed. When I got down to check for blood it was very easy to find. The arrow was covered with good blood. The blood trial was one of the best ever for me. It was consistent width of about 1 foot.
When I reached her I turn her to see were the wounds were. They were right on the line I aimed to hit the heart which I did.

Here are the results of the Spitfire broadhead:

Entry thru the back from behind shooting down at about 60- 70 degrees from horizontal.

Exit wound:

This doe allowed me to fulfill my goal of back to back years in Arkansas getting my Triple Trophy Award from the AGFC for taking deer with three different style weapons....modern rifle, muzzleloader, and crossbow

·
Registered
24 Posts
Last week I put my scope on and shoot some bolts to get it close. Yesterday I had some more time and plus it was warmer here 45 degs. One bolt shot about two inches to the right. The other two were spot on at 20 yds. Its crazy at 20 yds. how accurate it is pretty much same hole. I want to run it through my crono and see what kind of speed and sight it in for longer distances.

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
Here is my most recent KI Ripper 415 crossbow experience/success:

The morning after Christmas I was lucky to take a nice doe. I was setting in a lockon stand about 25 feet up in a large white oak. The doe (5) came from my left passing behind me. When the large doe broke out I had just brought my Ripper 415 around to position. I gave a "naaah!" sound to stop the doe. She was about 15-20 yards but I didn't have time to get the distance. I know it was close. I instinctively put the top crosshair where I thought it needed to be and put the arrow thru her.
She ran out about 70 yards and crashed. When I got down to check for blood it was very easy to find. The arrow was covered with good blood. The blood trial was one of the best ever for me. It was consistent width of about 1 foot.
When I reached her I turn her to see were the wounds were. They were right on the line I aimed to hit the heart which I did.

Here are the results of the Spitfire broadhead:

Entry thru the back from behind shooting down at about 60- 70 degrees from horizontal.

Exit wound:

This doe allowed me to fulfill my goal of back to back years in Arkansas getting my Triple Trophy Award from the AGFC for taking deer with three different style weapons....modern rifle, muzzleloader, and crossbow
I have already recieved the award thanks to the fast reply to my application to the AGFC.

20200106_113104.jpg

Reactions: Mario Luna

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
There are a couple more documents aside from also receiving two AGFC calendars. For those that wonder about the award.

TTA2.jpg

TTA 2019.jpg

TTA3.jpg

Reactions: SEW and hookedonbow

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Good afternoon, how are you?
I wanted to share with you that I did some tests with different darts and tips.
The best performance was obtained with a dart of 515 total grains.
Results
Energy: 144.09
Speed: 355
Momentum: 0.812
Tips of 125 grains.
Well I hope this helps you a little when looking for the best performance of our equipment.
With greater performance we will achieve greater effectiveness to be able to hunt all kinds of animals.
I send greetings from Argentina.

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
Congratulations!

Reactions: Mario Luna

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Wish i could have liked mine. 2 sets of broken limbs. Glad the rest of u are doing well.

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
Love my ripper 415. 2 in grouls at 80. Took an antelope buck at 70yds this last season. Soynal tapps and black hornet serazor 2 blades!
Hey Patrick I wonder if your goat shot was a past thru?
The three deer shots I took with the Ripper were but they were no more than 30 yards.

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
Wish i could have liked mine. 2 sets of broken limbs. Glad the rest of u are doing well.
That is why I bought the KI for the lifetime warranty.
The bow I tried prior to the Ripper popped a limb after a few shoots. Even after they increased the warranty to 5 yrs I took a refund.
How was KI CS on your limb replacement?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I share with you a shot at 60 meters / 65 yards.
The shot was made with my Ripper415 crossbow.
Dart weight 489 grains.
Full metal jacket dart brand.
Practice tip 125 grains.
The shot was made with a bipod.
for this powder 3 cm
It was a windy day 35 km / h. From left to right in the video
Link:
https://mega.nz/file/Y5UyxIKB#EtPIZql7JnynRlXTKu3EqJvhYI0cg-xfguDB03NqeB4

1 - 18 of 18 Posts