Crossbow Nation banner
1 - 20 of 826 Posts

·
Registered
TenPoint Turbo S1 / Burris Oracle X
2,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Another hunting forum I belong to always has a “from the stand” thread. Basically it’s for posting pics and other info “from the stand” while you are out hunting. Success or unsuccessful hunt. It gets pretty interesting seeing different terrain and setups. Ohio opens tomm so I’ll be posting my from the stand photos and info tomm. Everyone feel free to post. Good luck to all!

·
Registered
352 Posts
Another hunting forum I belong to always has a “from the stand” thread. Basically it’s for posting pics and other info “from the stand” while you are out hunting. Success or unsuccessful hunt. It gets pretty interesting seeing different terrain and setups. Ohio opens tomm so I’ll be posting my from the stand photos and info tomm. Everyone feel free to post. Good luck to all!
Same to ya.
Sunset

·
Premium Member
6,177 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,177 Posts
This is a great idea i hope it really takes off and we have tons of pics.

Today is the first day for me. Done eat my breakfast drinking my coffee and watching the mornings local news. Fixin to get dressed here in a bit and watch the woods come alive. Still debating on where to go lol.
Sitting here ready to go myself! At least this year the temps are nice (55 here). The high is only mid 70's today. Last year when I shot a deer on opening day, it was 88.....

About to get gear on and enjoy the morning. Good luck to you and everyone waiting on daylight!!!

PS: I know where I'm going, LOL.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Sitting here ready to go myself! At least this year the temps are nice (55 here). The high is only mid 70's today. Last year when I shot a deer on opening day, it was 88.....

About to get gear on and enjoy the morning. Good luck to you and everyone waiting on daylight!!!

PS: I know where I'm going, LOL.
Yep, headed out soon too. Its 65 here in Fl this am and no fog. A cool front came through yesterday. I love morning hunts!
Best of luck to all.
Marsha

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Blackwater National Wildlife Refuge, Maryland
Cloud Sky Plant community Natural landscape Wood
Cloud Sky Plant Ecoregion Natural landscape

My view yesterday morning. Had to sit lower than expected due to 30-40 mph wind gust directly in my face, and the pines are just big enough to have a stand in. No action in the morning whatsoever, but did spot a hind while scouting an island later. She lived for another day.

In the afternoon we hunted another large area 20 miles away, and decided to get back into thicker forest for protection from high winds. This was about a mile from the truck.
Hunting public for Sika is not for many. It WILL involve plenty of time on foot to get where you need to be, Mud, water, sinkholes and when warm the mosquitos to rival any marsh or swamp in the bayou.

Fishing Bay Wildlife Management Area, Maryland
Plant Tree Natural landscape Terrestrial plant Trunk

There were a few oak trees scattered nearby, so I posted up near several with a view of two trails. This was a couple hundred yards from the marsh.
No deer seen, but we did hear a far off bugle as we finished loading things in the truck to leave.

·
Premium Member
6,177 Posts
Plant Plant community Tree Natural landscape Terrestrial plant
Nothing happening yet here either. Very still and overcast this morning

1 - 20 of 826 Posts