Crossbow Nation banner
681 - 700 of 826 Posts

·
Registered
Excalibur Equinox, Micro Mag 340
994 Posts
Thank you I'll pass that onto my uncle he's around 6 ft tall. I'll tell him about the rhino 3 being better choice 👍👍
Good luck out there hope you kill a bigun 🤞😉
Thanks.
Better in my opinion anyhow. I had a $300 Double Bull blind few years back, had a little thicker material. Unfortunately it didn't stop the huge oak that blew over & crushed it any better than the cheaper ones lol.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Thanks.
Better in my opinion anyhow. I had a $300 Double Bull blind few years back, had a little thicker material. Unfortunately it didn't stop the huge oak that blew over & crushed it any better than the cheaper ones lol.
Had 6" diameter limb break out of a red oak and fall through the roof of my old primos vision several years ago. I replaced the rods with fiberglass fence posts and patched the holes with gorilla tape and used it for a few more years. It's still usable I just really don't like the windows in it at all so I seldom set it up anymore.

·
Registered
785 Posts
Thanks.
ain't nothing gonna hold up to that. We had a ice storm here a few years back the brought down a lot of trees on my farm and one of em fell on the corner of my shack and broke the facial and soffit down and knocked a hole in the roof. It was a mess😡 took a good while to fix it all back.

·
Registered
18,426 Posts
I am a DB man and currently own 3 of them. But when it comes to staying warm in a blind you don't want anyone's Surround View blinds. The warmth from a heater will just blow away in them if there is any wind. I love my original DB Matrix 360 as I can close it up only leaving a 2 to 3 inch slit to shoot through when it gets cold. I will be taking my DB SV blind down very soon just like I did last season.

·
Registered
18,426 Posts
Hey roberyb that buck looked like he had some mass to him but kinda narrow, inside his ears. You say they were doing the nasty right there in front of you?
Nope he was staying with her wherever she goes and breeding her when she lets him. She stayed behind my tree almost the whole time they were there eating acorns. I saw him eat a few but he was circling slowly around listening and watching for danger. I think she would have bedded down soon but another group of deer were slowly coming in and that made her nervous so she slowly made her way back up the ridge they had come in from and he followed her footsteps staying about 25 yards from her. When a buck is tending a doe they like to be alone. The others saw them and left the main trail and circled around on a ridge in front of me. It was 3 does and 2 fawns.
Speaking of narrow the 9 I took with my bow was only right at 11" inside spread. I never got a look at him head on before making the shot and was surprised that he had such a tight rack when I found him. Tightest inside spread of all the mature bucks I have killed.

·
Registered
785 Posts
Nope he was staying with her wherever she goes and breeding her when she lets him. She stayed behind my tree almost the whole time they were there eating acorns. I saw him eat a few but he was circling slowly around listening and watching for danger. I think she would have bedded down soon but another group of deer were slowly coming in and that made her nervous so she slowly made her way back up the ridge they had come in from and he followed her footsteps staying about 25 yards from her. When a buck is tending a doe they like to be alone. The others saw them and left the main trail and circled around on a ridge in front of me. It was 3 does and 2 fawns.
Speaking of narrow the 9 I took with my bow was only right at 11" inside spread. I never got a look at him head on before making the shot and was surprised that he had such a tight rack when I found him. Tightest inside spread of all the mature bucks I have killed.
No I was talking about the recent picture of the one in post #674 looking your way tending the doe. We'll I've never witnessed a buck riding a doe in all the years I have been hunting. I've saw the following chasing and all that but no actual breeding.

·
Registered
Deathstalker 380 Spynal Tapps Rage Hypodermics
571 Posts
Taking the 350 legend out in the morning with my daughter for youth shotgun...19° tomorrow morning....picked up 2 extra bottles of propane tonight after work....I'm getting soft anymore when it comes to the bitter cold....I mean....my daughter don't want to be cold....😁

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Temps gonna be 23 with a "feels like" temp of 10 and 15mph winds tomorrow when my dumbass is climbing up a tree. Putting my cold gear to the test tomorrow, best of luck to everyone and stay warm.
Good luck, stay safe and try to keep warm.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Got out here and up the tree on time, bumbled with my saddle some in all my layers but that only took a few minutes to get sorted. Going to practice getting my saddle/linesman belt setup in all my layers with my eyes closed so this will be faster/quieter next time.

As for my cold gear everything went great and I was totally comfortable but a little too stiff in the legs for climbing. I may try a lighter pair of pants under my bibs for the sake of mobility, had heated poly long johns and fleeced lined pants under them. Wont change anything until we go on a longer hunt, Father in law got froze out in 90 minutes and I had to walk him back. Great view from the saddle though, like it better than a stand for that but still prefer a stand for speed and ease of use.

Natural landscape Twig Wood Trunk Freezing
Water Plant Automotive tire Twig Wood
Natural landscape Wood Twig Trunk Deciduous

·
Registered
18,426 Posts
No I was talking about the recent picture of the one in post #674 looking your way tending the doe. We'll I've never witnessed a buck riding a doe in all the years I have been hunting. I've saw the following chasing and all that but no actual breeding.
I have one on video I have posted a few times and have seen a few get bred in my back field at my house.

681 - 700 of 826 Posts