Crossbow Nation banner
701 - 720 of 826 Posts

·
Registered
18,426 Posts
Already have two nine point bucks I killed with xbow this year and like to get the one I seen last year. This buck in the picture is a 3 year old.
I passed on a fairly nice 9 a few days ago because he was a 3 yo. I saw a huge 8 from my back yard blind this morning at first light but he never got close enough for a shot. He must be over 4 as his body looked more like a cow than a deer in size. I wish I could move my blind but the deer bed in a privet hedge where they can see into the field. He walked out of that hedge a few minutes after legal light.

·
Premium Member
6,177 Posts
Not me, but this was killed over the weekend not far from me! That's a monster deer, for around here and a heck of a spread!
Trophy hunting Hunting Deer hunting Military camouflage Deer

·
Registered
799 Posts
Had my most active morning of the year this morning. Saw a total of 20 deer.
I had a doe at 25 yards at the X on the picture as I was waiting to get a good angle a real nice buck came running out from the direction of the arrow towards her and stopped at the dot.(60yards)I thought he was going to come right to her but alas she took off as did he.
Even though things didn’t go quite the way I would have liked it was a grand day to be afield.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
5,914 Posts
Got out of bed and went to my 5c spot. Not 5 minutes after I got settled in the stand, here comes a deer (lots of very dry and frozen leaves). Buck came in to 10 yards. Couldn’t be 100% sure it was legal at first light (getting late in the season, and both places get hunted hard in firearms season). Got a pass. Still worth getting out of bed for though. :)

·
Registered
18,426 Posts
I have spent the last three days hunting in a blind about 30 yards from my back door. I saw one of the largest 8 points I have seen in many years the first morning but he never got close at all. I have a Montana Doe Decoy so yesterday and this morning I set it up hoping to see him closer but he has been a no show so he is probably off tending a doe. There is one doe that is 6 or 7 this year and she is the Matriarch of the herd around here. She has appeared both mornings at the crack of dawn to stare down the decoy then she goes back to the food plot and grabs a few bites and heads to the thick stuff as the morning traffic going by is getting heavy by then. I am in a corner house with a Hwy. next to it. I have been in the blind 5 times in the last 3 days and could have killed a doe on 4 of them. No deer showed as the neighbor was power washing their porch yesterday evening till almost dark. I think I like the decoy but I had a 2 1/2 yo 4 point buck walk through the plot this morning and stop and looked at the decoy and then ignored it which surprised me. I really though he would check her out.
Happy Thanksgiving to you all!

701 - 720 of 826 Posts