Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
So me and my brother in law, father in law and 2 good friends joined a hunting club 2 years ago and its so funny how we go about the off season that I couldn't help but post about it. All of us are big hunters and are always trying to secretly stay 1 step ahead of the other when it comes to finding bucks on the hunting club and keeping it a secret at the beginning of the season what our plans are. Once the season starts its hard to keep any secrets because we have a sign in sheet to show where we've been hunting and they pretty much know I and another friend use trail cameras heavily and aren't really going to hunt somewhere we don't have a shooter at unless we're after some does.

For instance, this year I've been down to our club many times putting out cameras, hanging stands where no one knows and since I've got 1 shooter on camera and a stand hung I'm going to hunt the 1st 4 days straight of bow season and none of my friends have any idea I plan on going down during bow other than to check cams.

I've already determined that if I manage to shoot that buck during bow season I'm going to keep it a secret until we all are down there for opening day of muzzleloader season and tell everyone I met a new member who shot a monster during bow season at a certain stand and when they go over to the sheet that shows what's been killed if all goes right they will see my name 馃ぃ

Registered
Back when I was a lot younger we did not have trail cams but if you hung a stand early I would probably know where it was. I about lived in the woods from mid July till a week or so before the season opened back then. I don't spend a lot of time scouting now but my cameras do.

Registered
Good Luck Swamp Hunter, hope you kill a big one! Its always fun giving the guys a hard time back at camp! :ROFLMAO:

Registered
Back when I was a lot younger we did not have trail cams but if you hung a stand early I would probably know where it was. I about lived in the woods from mid July till a week or so before the season opened back then. I don't spend a lot of time scouting now but my cameras do.
Robert, I always scouted HEAVY the week of the 4th (July) and didn't let up until I KNEW where I was gonna hunt and I had picked the best area with the most buck signs. I was never satisfied until I seen what was over "the next hill". LOL:) Like you mentioned....my cameras are my eyes now. Well, truth be known, I don't take it nearly as serious as I used to.:cool:

Reactions: robertyb
1 - 6 of 6 Posts