Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've read reports that it is a strain to cock -- is it really bad?

Horns

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Difficulty cocking is very subjective, but I can tell you my experiences by the end of the week. I have a furious 9.5 being delivered tomorrow!
Very Good -- I welcome your comments.

Horns

·
Registered
122 Posts
I currently own a 9.5. For me, I can do it. I'm 61. Its not easy, and I always appreciate the workout. FYI, KI is going to release a ccd for this bow end of July to August. I would expect it to be available September. If I still have the bow, I will get one.

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Appreciate the input......

Horns

·
Registered
2,237 Posts
Before buying any of these bows shooting over 400 fps, I would suggest you see if they have a mechanical draw option available should you need it.

Reactions: HORNS-A-PLENTY

·
Registered
11 Posts
I received and assembled mine today. This is my first compound and I tried to cock it like my old 240 fps recurve. I consider my self a strong guy, but there is no way I was going to make it. Then I watched the cocking video and realized there is a post on the bottom of the stock the string leverages to cut the draw down :ROFLMAO:. Always read the manual folks! :D It's definitely not too bad after that. I only cocked it about 90% of the way bc I can't discharge it on my property, but it's definitely doable without the crank system. I could see it getting tiresome on longer range days though. Hope to take it out this weekend and get some trigger time.

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Appreciate the info and look forward to any additional comments.

Horns

·
Registered
13,095 Posts
I received and assembled mine today. This is my first compound and I tried to cock it like my old 240 fps recurve. I consider my self a strong guy, but there is no way I was going to make it. Then I watched the cocking video and realized there is a post on the bottom of the stock the string leverages to cut the draw down :ROFLMAO:. Always read the manual folks! :D It's definitely not too bad after that. I only cocked it about 90% of the way bc I can't discharge it on my property, but it's definitely doable without the crank system. I could see it getting tiresome on longer range days though. Hope to take it out this weekend and get some trigger time.
Shorten the cocking rope 3 or 4 inches and it will be much easier to cock.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Horns, not to hijack the post, but you asked for additional comments. I wanted to ask Ken about his trigger?

Ken, I would like to hear your feedback on the trigger. Mine just plain stinks.

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Horns, not to hijack the post, but you asked for additional comments. I wanted to ask Ken about his trigger?

NOT A PROBLEM -- I'd like to find out as much as possible...

Horns

Reactions: llbts1

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well Ken.....have you shot it yet?

Horns

Reactions: llbts1

·
Registered
11 Posts
Mine was not awful, but could stand for a little improvement. Travel Distance was fine, but it was definitely heavier than triggers I have on my rifles. I did not remember to bring my trigger pull gauge to get an accurate number. Next time I will try to do so.

Well Ken.....have you shot it yet?
Yes, I have. Sent about 15 arrows down range. First one was from 10 yards, arrow went high, never to be seen again. Scooted up to 15 yards, adjusted scope and was able to start hitting the target. Shot at 10, 20, and 30 yards, fine tuning the scope as I went.
Cocking weight was fine. The only issue I had was with the sled. The arrow retention and my scope mount screws are sort of aligned, making it cumbersome to remove the sled after cocking.

I was using 20" Zombie Slayer arrows with a 100g field tip. I think total weight is around 425g. The arrows flew straight and flat for the first 30 yards. I will mainly use this bow for deer hunting, so I am very happy with performance as is. With an upcoming vacation, I won't be able to shoot again for a few weeks, but hope to stretch out her legs and see how she can perform at longer distances.

·
Registered
13,095 Posts
Yes, I have. Sent about 15 arrows down range. First one was from 10 yards, arrow went high, never to be seen again. Scooted up to 15 yards, adjusted scope and was able to start hitting the target. Shot at 10, 20, and 30 yards, fine tuning the scope as I went.
What yardage did you loose the arrow from?

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks for the update -- sounds like all is well with no issues.

Horns

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
How is that flat foot stirrup? Is it a pain to use?

Horns

·
Banned
5,838 Posts
Horns the best way that I found out to do it is to step on the footpad with both feet, let the stock stand between your thighs and rope cock straight up and back in one move.

Sent from my iPhone X using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 23 Posts