Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Looking great! How much is the Ti kit going to cost and are you offering other 'enhancements' ?
I'm seriously considering that bow if I sell my Excalibur BD400. ..

·
Registered
13,738 Posts
So....I guess I'm not real clear on what the progress is. Is changing the screws gonna drop a lot of weight? Are these screws gonna be tightened to the point they cannot come loose vrs the regular screws with Loctite added? What's the gain? Just curious to know....

·
Vendor
685 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So....I guess I'm not real clear on what the progress is. Is changing the screws gonna drop a lot of weight? Are these screws gonna be tightened to the point they cannot come loose vrs the regular screws with Loctite added? What's the gain? Just curious to know....

Titanium pending part is appointment 50% less weight .

Titanium in material with key point on limb bolts is a better dampening material. When you have less weight you also cancel resonance..You have cleaned transfer of energy, a more efficient shot cycle . It’s not something that is going to increase the 50fps but for those looking for any gains they can get in a bow to maximize the performance the titanium is a nice addition.

I don’t have a price yet. I got 4 more screws I want to get changed out .

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
How do you deal with the Ti to Al interface and corrosion? It was a big deal on bikes when I was racing and a weight weenie... Ti to Fe interface is OK but to Ti in contact with Al will cause the Al to quickly corrode and weaken.

·
Vendor
685 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
How do you deal with the Ti to Al interface and corrosion? It was a big deal on bikes when I was racing and a weight weenie... Ti to Fe interface is OK but to Ti in contact with Al will cause the Al to quickly corrode and weaken.

The thing that I am told of is the Ti and Alum with lock together. For that we use copper base anti seize on all parts that are to be removable. This allows for a barrier between the 2 metals . Going on 7 years or so now working with titanium kits and it’s been a good process

1 - 7 of 7 Posts