Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
2,756 Posts
On my 2nd yr with a Browning Spec Ops Advantage, nice cam, great vids... I used to use Moultries but the last one I had broke down just after the warranty expired (hardly used), I called Moultrie and found out they no longer work on their cams anymore so they offered me a new one at 50% off, I told them to get screwed......

Mike

·
Happy Member
5,347 Posts
I have a Moultrie XA7000i Cellular camera and love it. Takes awesome pictures and videos without any blurry images! Plus Moultire Mobile has a new unlimited plan for only $14.99!

Sent from my iPhone X using Tapatalk

Reactions: THF

·
Registered
3,472 Posts
What a timely thread. I have two Browning cameras that Ive had around 10 months. Two weeks ago one of them just quit working. Wouldn't power up! Changed batteries, cleaned contacts etc, no help! Called Browning and they want me to send it back.

And today, I went to check my other Browning, turned it off, removed the SD card. As I replaced the card the camera said "card full". Tried to format it, says,"Format error". I tried two more SD cards, two of them were brand new, kept saying the same thing! Not sure what's going with either camera but so far my experience with Browning cameras has been spotty at best!

Ive checked their website for any "firmware updates" but there's none for my cameras. Guess I'll be calling Browning tomorrow and getting a RA number so I can return it also!

·
2,756 Posts
What a timely thread. I have two Browning cameras that Ive had around 10 months. Two weeks ago one of them just quit working. Wouldn't power up! Changed batteries, cleaned contacts etc, no help! Called Browning and they want me to send it back.

And today, I went to check my other Browning, turned it off, removed the SD card. As I replaced the card the camera said "card full". Tried to format it, says,"Format error". I tried two more SD cards, two of them were brand new, kept saying the same thing! Not sure what's going with either camera but so far my experience with Browning cameras has been spotty at best!

Ive checked their website for any "firmware updates" but there's none for my cameras. Guess I'll be calling Browning tomorrow and getting a RA number so I can return it also!
Please update this thread when you find out what's going on..... I bought mine from Trail Cam Pro, they give you an extra yr warranty (2 yrs) when you buy from them.......

Mike

·
Registered
3,472 Posts
Please update this thread when you find out what's going on..... I bought mine from Trail Cam Pro, they give you an extra yr warranty (2 yrs) when you buy from them.......

Mike
I'll do it!

It was odd. When I removed the SD card I tried reinserting the same card and it wouldn't accept it either!

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have a Moultrie XA7000i Cellular camera and love it. Takes awesome pictures and videos without any blurry images! Plus Moultire Mobile has a new unlimited plan for only $14.99!

Sent from my iPhone X using Tapatalk
I’ve always had good luck with Moultrie but have heard mixed about their cellular. I’m happy to read this

·
Crossbow Nut
2,952 Posts
Bought 3 of these Stealthcam STC-PXP24NG last season. Incredible battery life! Will use the same batts as last year. The only negative for me is, they can only be about beltbuckle high or will not see a deer up close. I will have to learn how much downangle to set them at to get them up higher.

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Tactacam just dropped a new cellular camera on the market. I’ve never spent big money on cameras. Maybe I should

·
Registered
48 Posts
I have 3 older Moultrie that still work an older covert and 4 or 5 brownings I like the brownings. If I could only get the cows to leave the cameras alone. Nothing like have a cow find it and start rubbing on it and spinning it around the tree lol.

·
Registered
684 Posts
I find on sale, discontinued pricing on my cameras. Whatever is cheap, that's what I purchase. Recent purchase is Whitetail Innovations. Not all the bells and whistles, takes decent pictures and if it fails tomorrow I would check for sales etc. Some have been stolen, some have failed prematurely, but I feel like I'm money ahead.

Reactions: Iron Duke

·
Registered
343 Posts
Currently running 3 Browning Strike Force, 1 Covert red 40, 3 Stealth cam cell cams, 1 Spypoint cell cam, and three or four homebrew cams that I built. In the 25 years or so that I have ran trailcams, I have probably owned 50 or more, including Reconyx. I would have to say that the best cams I have owned are the Browning Strike Force. For the money, they have been hard to beat IMO

·
Registered
166 Posts
I use and have had great success with the cheap Tasco ones. I hunt primarily public ground and if I happen to loose one I'm out 50 bucks with the card. 8 or 10 mp also.

·
Registered
892 Posts
Have 3 moultries (all different models), 2 primos (junk IMO but they were cheap), 1scout guard (white flash), and a campark Amazon special. I like the moultries and the scout guard. The others are ok at best.

·
Registered
9,632 Posts
I have 3 older Bushnells that still work well. Two are 2009 models I believe. I bought a Stealth G45NG last year and it is an excellent camera so far with good pictures and video. I also bought a covert MP16 Black last year and it is the worse game camera I have owned. Takes so so pictures and the videos suck big time. I returned the original and they sent me a new one that is even worse. I also bought a Wildgame cam from Walmart for $34 with an SD card and batteries included last year. It takes good pics and good videos for a cheap camera.
I love my new Spypoint Cell Link. :)

·
Registered
73 Posts
I have 3 older Bushnells that still work well. Two are 2009 models I believe. I bought a Stealth G45NG last year and it is an excellent camera so far with good pictures and video. I also bought a covert MP16 Black last year and it is the worse game camera I have owned. Takes so so pictures and the videos suck big time. I returned the original and they sent me a new one that is even worse. I also bought a Wildgame cam from Walmart for $34 with an SD card and batteries included last year. It takes good pics and good videos for a cheap camera.
I love my new Spypoint Cell Link. :) View attachment 181884
ME TOO Loving it

1 - 20 of 64 Posts