Crossbow Nation banner

21 - 40 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Running Moultrie A35..two of them right now. Plus I have a Moultrie Panaromic, don't remember the specific model. That one is kinda a pain in the A##.
Thinking about a spypoint or two- cellular once my club property gets up and running. It's about an hour away so checking a standard camera on a regular schedule is not feasible. That's where the cell feature will come in handy.
My A35s have been great.

·
Registered
3,475 Posts
Please update this thread when you find out what's going on..... I bought mine from Trail Cam Pro, they give you an extra yr warranty (2 yrs) when you buy from them.......

Mike
I called Browning today and they told me it sounded like the card reader had give up the ghost! They e-mailed a return form. I printed it, boxed the cameras up and sent them on their way to Birmingham Ala . I guess we'll hear something in a few days, maybe!

Reactions: beervo2

·
2,757 Posts
I called Browning today and they told me it sounded like the card reader had give up the ghost! They e-mailed a return form. I printed it, boxed the cameras up and sent them on their way to Birmingham Ala . I guess we'll hear something in a few days, maybe!
Thanks for the update, hope they get you taken care of.. Let us know how it works out.....(y)(y)(y)

Mike

·
Registered
3,475 Posts
Thanks for the update, hope they get you taken care of.. Let us know how it works out.....(y)(y)(y)

Mike
I'll let you know when I hear something

Reactions: beervo2

·
Registered
3,703 Posts
I have went through a bunch of trail cameras and most turn out to be junk. So far, the best cameras I’ve owned have been the Browning StrikeForce . Use only 6 batteries and they are turning out to be very good cameras.

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
I wish Spypoint cameras were all able to be cable locked to trees. Only one I have seen so far is the Cell Link.
Mine can be, and they're just their basic ones. But the best is a lockable, metal box to protect the cam. Then I put screws sticking out the face side to help discourage bears from mess'n with them. Unless they like screws as tooth pics!!?

·
Premium Member
37 Posts
I’ve been using tasco trail cams for a couple years on public land and for $28.00 each they have been great. I run them all year. I also been running these Campark cams from amazon that run $40 this summer and so far so good with those.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
34 Posts
On my 2nd yr with a Browning Spec Ops Advantage, nice cam, great vids... I used to use Moultries but the last one I had broke down just after the warranty expired (hardly used), I called Moultrie and found out they no longer work on their cams anymore so they offered me a new one at 50% off, I told them to get screwed......

Mike
I sold ALL my Moultire cameras off and bought Brownings.

·
Registered
60 Posts
What a timely thread. I have two Browning cameras that Ive had around 10 months. Two weeks ago one of them just quit working. Wouldn't power up! Changed batteries, cleaned contacts etc, no help! Called Browning and they want me to send it back.

And today, I went to check my other Browning, turned it off, removed the SD card. As I replaced the card the camera said "card full". Tried to format it, says,"Format error". I tried two more SD cards, two of them were brand new, kept saying the same thing! Not sure what's going with either camera but so far my experience with Browning cameras has been spotty at best!

Ive checked their website for any "firmware updates" but there's none for my cameras. Guess I'll be calling Browning tomorrow and getting a RA number so I can return it also!
you will find Browning support to be very, very good. just call the number inside the camera, they'll send you an address to send to. They are very fast and the people are great. I just sent in an older camera, which they couldn't fix, so they gave me a great deal on a new cam. stuff happens, Browning makes taking care of your equipment easy.

·
Registered
414 Posts
I have 15 or 16 cameras and my Brownings are my favorites. I have Tasco, Spypoint, Bushnell, Apeman and Victure cameras. They range in price from the $28 Tasco to the $230+ Bushnell Core DS. The Bushnell Core DS has been a huge disappointment as I had to have it replaced, under warranty, within the first two weeks of owning it. They sent me a brand new camera but it's not much better. Poor battery life, terrible sound on videos with a constant humming sound. The upper end Browning cameras have awesome 60 FPS videos with great sound quality. I only have one Spypoint but it is one of my least favorite cameras. It does have extremely fast trigger speed and great battery life but that's about all it has going for it. I have a few of the basic Browning Strike Force cams that I've had for close to 10 years.
The Amazon Victure and Apeman cameras are excellent cameras for the money. You can catch them on sale for $39 quite often. They have an internal viewer, which I use mainly for camera setup as opposed to viewing pics, use a standard size SD card, have excellent battery life, take decent pics and videos although sound quality is very poor, have many setup options and are pretty easy to use once you get the hang of them. In my opinion they are a great value for all the features they offer.
If you're looking for quality videos go with the upper end Brownings.

Reactions: dynamo61

·
Registered
384 Posts
I use Moultrie 7000 series cellular cameras. Love em. I get the 1000 image a month plan for $10 each. Saves me a bunch of gas money and I don’t disturb my hunting area checking the cards.

If you have cell phone coverage, cellular cams are the way to go. I have a couple of S550 non cellular Moultrie’s that I use when there is no cell signal. They are nearly 10 years old and still going strong.

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
Been using the Moultrie and Wildgame the last few years,but having problems with them not reading the cards now. Nothing irritates me more than setting the camera and not having a single picture after a week! That has happened twice in the last two weeks,so I'm about to make a switch! I got some Gift cards a few weeks ago to BP and may try out the Reconyx. Pricey,but heard they last and since I have free money,why not try it out.....

·
Registered
384 Posts
Been using the Moultrie and Wildgame the last few years,but having problems with them not reading the cards now. Nothing irritates me more than setting the camera and not having a single picture after a week! That has happened twice in the last two weeks,so I'm about to make a switch! I got some Gift cards a few weeks ago to BP and may try out the Reconyx. Pricey,but heard they last and since I have free money,why not try it out.....
When is the last time you replaced the SD cards? I typically only get a couple of seasons out of them before they start making my cameras act up. Replacing the cards usually does the trick.

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
When is the last time you replaced the SD cards? I typically only get a couple of seasons out of them before they start making my cameras act up. Replacing the cards usually does the trick.
I bought the cards last year. When I insert them,it starts counting down,then flashes "card" and shuts off. I just noticed in the last couple weeks no pics,so I sat there today while it counted down and saw what it was doing. I normally switch it on,look for the count down,then close it and walk away! I may pic up some new cards Monday and try that,Thanks!!!

·
Registered
384 Posts
Well that stinks. I’ve had that happen on a cuddeback I used to have. Never could get it to work reliably again once it started giving the card error. Even using new cards.

21 - 40 of 65 Posts