Crossbow Nation banner

41 - 60 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
Well that stinks. I’ve had that happen on a cuddeback I used to have. Never could get it to work reliably again once it started giving the card error. Even using new cards.
Yea,both my Moultries are doing the same now. They were only $100 cameras,so I did get a couple seasons out of them. I hate the thought of spending big money on a camera,but also hate buying new ones every couple years to! Since I have gift cards,it takes some of the burn out,I reckon......

·
Registered
384 Posts
On the Moultries, try a “hard reset”.
To do this: (1) remove the batteries and the SD card from the camera. (2) With the batteries and SD card removed, turn on (switch it to Quick Start, Custom Start, or On) the device for one minute. (3) After one minute, turn the camera Off, insert the batteries and SD card and turn the unit back on.

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
Try a “hard reset”.
To do this: (1) remove the batteries and the SD card from the camera. (2) With the batteries and SD card removed, turn on (switch it to Quick Start, Custom Start, or On) the device for one minute. (3) After one minute, turn the camera Off, insert the batteries and SD card and turn the unit back on.
I will give that a try. Technology and me don't get along very well when I can't just turn something on and it work.

Reactions: dynamo61

·
Registered
9,632 Posts
Sometimes you need to format the SD card too. I had one last year start doing the no pics deal and I finally formatted it and it works fine ever since.

·
Registered
405 Posts
I format the card Every time I change cards.

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
So,how do you format the card? I do delete all the pictures with my card reader after I load them on the comp.each time.

·
Registered
9,632 Posts
Stick the card in your camera and turn on the menu and look for Format. Use it. It will erase anything on the card so transfer and pics or videos you want to keep first.

·
Premium Member
735 Posts
What are you running?
You all may want to check out this deal, a Bog DeathGrip Carbon Fiber Tripod and Bog Game Camera in a great package deal.

I just paid $240 CAD for the Aluminum version of the Tripod only and it is solid.
Not sure if anyone here has used the Cam yet but there are good reviews about it.

CBN member BULLDOGBOYZ pointed out the deal to us here in this thread:

I am waiting on Midway to see if they ship the deal to Canada.

·
Registered
405 Posts
So,how do you format the card? I do delete all the pictures with my card reader after I load them on the comp.each time.
Robert us correct but some cameras menu will say delete all and some will say format card and some will use an abbreviation of one of those options.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Stick the card in your camera and turn on the menu and look for Format. Use it. It will erase anything on the card so transfer and pics or videos you want to keep first.
You can do it on your PC as well using file explorer. Just right click on the drive (SD Card) and select "format".

I always format my cards after viewing and saving the pics I want. If you are not formatting the card, that could be a big part of your problem.

·
Registered
9,632 Posts
Robert us correct but some cameras menu will say delete all and some will say format card and some will use an abbreviation of one of those options.
I get the delete only when using a card reader. All that does is wipe the card clean but it does not format the card. That is where I had my problem was repeatedly using a card reader to wipe my card clean and it finally stopped reading the card until I did a format. I did use the camera menu to do so. I have 4 different brands of cameras right now and all have the format option in the menu.
On 2nd thought I am not sure if my cheapo Wildgame camera has it.

·
Premium Member
33 Posts
I use a card that plugs into my iPhone and it only deletes the photos and doesn’t format the card and that caused me issues with the card. I started using the camera or the computer to format and have had zero problems.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Premium Member
735 Posts
I use a card that plugs into my iPhone and it only deletes the photos and doesn’t format the card and that caused me issues with the card. I started using the camera or the computer to format and have had zero problems.
Yup, good point.
A lot of people are so dependent on Cell Phones with Android or IOS operating systems now that computers are not being used to their full potential, IMO.
Another example, the millenials at work miss so much detail in email messages because they only read the first line of a message.

But, they are mostly doing what they learn at school.
PCs have become obsoleted to some extent by Tablets.

But, I am rambling as I so often do, my apologies.
Please do carry on.
Cheers,
d

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
Looks like I need to do my first format then,LOL. All I do is delete with card reader.......Now I'm wondering how many cameras I have thrown in the garbage over the years, that I thought were done??? I can think of about 6 right now! Thanks for the help all......

·
Registered
523 Posts
I have used Moultrie game cams and card reader. I was not impressed with quality of either. Their customer service I would rate quite low. I have good results with the Browning Spec Ops. Their customer service with tech support I would rate excellent. You can get lemons with any brand, cheap or expensive, so customer service is important to me.

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
Well,it worked!!! I had brought one of my cameras out of the woods yesterday to trash it. I pulled out the card,put it in comp and hit the format button. Put it back in the camera and sure enough it works!!! I just got done reformating ALL my cards. Now I'm going back in the woods to replace a card in a camera I left out there......
You guys really saved me some money,THANK YOU!!!

·
Registered
9,632 Posts
You are welcome. Another thing is sometimes a card formated in one device will not work in another so don't toss one without formating it in another device. I did one in a Bushnell cam one day and then stuck it in another camera and it would not work. I used a different card and put it back in the Bushnell the next trip in and it worked fine. :)

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
I formated mine on the comp,so only time will tell if they work in all the cameras. I have tried it in two different cameras and all good so far.

·
Happy Member
5,347 Posts
I have a Moultire XA7000i Cellular Game Camera Verizon version that takes 20MP pictures. Takes great pictures day or night. I’ve had it now going on my 2nd season and not a single problem with it. MoultrieMobile just added unlimited pictures a month for only $14.99 month! Customer service was excellent the one time that I had to use it.

Sent from my iPhone X using Tapatalk

Reactions: THF and dynamo61

·
Registered
384 Posts
I have used Moultrie game cams and card reader.
The Moultrie card reader is junk. I bought a $12 card reader off Amazon that’s been going strong for 3 years. Don’t recall who makes it but it’s not a name brand anymore would recognize.

Reactions: wis-redneck
41 - 60 of 64 Posts