Crossbow Nation banner
1 - 20 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for any information. reviews, pros and cons, etc., regarding the GardePro A3 or E5 trail cameras.
If you have experience or knowledge of both, which one would you consider better, particularly for photos?
Thanks

·
Premium Member
1,473 Posts
They are decent cameras for the price nice pictures and videos and they last fairly well so far. I have had a set out for at least a year and they run great and batteries last a long time.

I am running e5's connected to cell links.

There is another thread on here where they were recommended and discussed. I think there were sample photos also.

Reactions: trailcamguy

·
Registered
12 Posts
They are decent cameras for the price nice pictures and videos and they last fairly well so far. I have had a set out for at least a year and they run great and batteries last a long time.

I am running e5's connected to cell links.

There is another thread on here where they were recommended and discussed. I think there were sample photos also.
L

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have used one for the past year and have had zero problems. i do not take videos so I can’t comment on that aspect. The pictures are very nice. Love the no glow flash. Does not seem to alarm animals at all. Only thing I do not like is the viewing screen. It is on the door so you can not use it to aim your camera. Other than that I love my E5

·
Registered
648 Posts
I have used one for the past year and have had zero problems. i do not take videos so I can’t comment on that aspect. The pictures are very nice. Love the no glow flash. Does not seem to alarm animals at all. Only thing I do not like is the viewing screen. It is on the door so you can not use it to aim your camera. Other than that I love my E5
Most of my cameras (including my nicer Browning ones) don't have a viewing screen. I get what you are saying about the viewing screens being stuck inside the camera, but you can at least set up a camera & test it before leaving. You can double check if your aim is way off by walking by it & checking out a few pics before leaving it. That's better than a camera left for weeks & not pointing exactly where you wanted it.

·
Registered
542 Posts
This last year I have had about 5 Moultrie cameras quit working or would not flash at night out of about 9 Moultrie cameras. I have about the same amount of Garde pro, and they all work great still. I think Moultrie products quality has really dropped.

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I had a Moultrie camera and also a card reader, Both waste of money. :( Have gone through two Browning cams, and currently have two more working, Short life spans and high cost low quality pictures. It is a sure bet that most of the cameras are manufactured in china and made to a US companies specs and under there name. My opinion as in the case of the Browning's, you pay a higher cost just because of the name, not the quality.
I did just purchase two of the GardePro A3 Cams, at the same price as just one of the Browning's. . When I received them, I set up a test area in my back yard with distance markers at 10 foot increments out to eighty feet, and also marked side angles for 60 degree distances at each increment.. I tested in dusk low light, afternoon sunlight, and late night dark. The Garde Pros actually performed better then the listed specs and all pictures were clear, including night pictures with flash.
I will be putting them out where I hunt about mid August for a the real testing and battery performance using Energizer Max AA's.
So far I am quite impressed with the GardePros's. (y)

·
Registered
542 Posts
I had a Moultrie camera and also a card reader, Both waste of money. :( Have gone through two Browning cams, and currently have two more working, Short life spans and high cost low quality pictures. It is a sure bet that most of the cameras are manufactured in china and made to a US companies specs and under there name. My opinion as in the case of the Browning's, you pay a higher cost just because of the name, not the quality.
I did just purchase two of the GardePro A3 Cams, at the same price as just one of the Browning's. . When I received them, I set up a test area in my back yard with distance markers at 10 foot increments out to eighty feet, and also marked side angles for 60 degree distances at each increment.. I tested in dusk low light, afternoon sunlight, and late night dark. The Garde Pros actually performed better then the listed specs and all pictures were clear, including night pictures with flash.
I will be putting them out where I hunt about mid August for a the real testing and battery performance using Energizer Max AA's.
Yes I am getting detection out 150 feet plus at times and night pictures have a good light flash that is not seen by animals. Had very little detection by animals. I have usually turned off the wider angle detection tho.

From Minnesota with lot of bears tho they often turn the camera around the tree, even swat it off. I really think they are the one of the best camera out there and because no middle person often they sell them cheaper.
I did see once Like many of the name brand cameras were all made by one company in China.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Yes I am getting detection out 150 feet plus at times and night pictures have a good light flash that is not seen by animals. Had very little detection by animals. I have usually turned off the wider angle detection tho.

From Minnesota with lot of bears tho they often turn the camera around the tree, even swat it off. I really think they are the one of the best camera out there and because no middle person often they sell them cheaper.
I did see once Like many of the name brand cameras were all made by one company in China.
Plant Plant community Tree Carnivore Natural landscape

·
Registered
542 Posts
Still like it?

1 - 20 of 89 Posts