Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, I need some help people. Another toy has hit the market in this scope. I am ready to buy one, but the price warrants this request How many of you have tried it (hopefully in the Field) and what's your thoughts. I hunt whitetails, in New England woods so no fields involved.
What I am interested in is how does it hold up in hunting situations. Sling it, hoisting up a tree etc. Does it hold its accuracy.

Let's be blunt, if you had the cash believe me I don't I saved it (wild $$ wife does not know about, sorry ladies) would you do it.

I really value the opinion of people on this site because your the die hards. Let me know cuz I plan on diving into this Tuesday.

Thanks

Chuck

·
Registered
3,677 Posts
OK, I need some help people. Another toy has hit the market in this scope. I am ready to buy one, but the price warrants this request How many of you have tried it (hopefully in the Field) and what's your thoughts. I hunt whitetails, in New England woods so no fields involved.
What I am interested in is how does it hold up in hunting situations. Sling it, hoisting up a tree etc. Does it hold its accuracy.

Let's be blunt, if you had the cash believe me I don't I saved it (wild $$ wife does not know about, sorry ladies) would you do it.

I really value the opinion of people on this site because your the die hards. Let me know cuz I plan on diving into this Tuesday.

Thanks

Chuck
I haven't heard anything negative about the Garmin yet, but I'm waiting on the Burris myself! I really like the zoom feature and of course the price! There is a thread here about the Garmin already. Just go to the search bar and type it in!

Reactions: dynamo61

·
Registered
13,582 Posts
I have no plans to but either at this point but I already shoot the Sig Sauer BDX scope with the electronics and I love it. If I were going to buy one of the two scopes mentioned above it would definitely be the Burris. Basically the same electronics package in both but the Burris has the zoom feature mentioned and a forever warranty not to even mention a much lower price point.

·
Registered
668 Posts

Thanks

Chuck
Chuck

I was ready to buy the Garmin a month ago before Christmas. One evening Amazon had a sale pop up and they were selling for 1250 (still not cheap). I was ready to plunge but o went back and read everything again and called people who had seen one The main reasons I didn’t were only 3
1. If you lost battery power you lose the aiming point. I know my luck it would be at worst time
2. It adds 2 lbs to my light bow

3. Burris was coming out with x bow version of eliminator scope

but the loss of aiming point was the main reason for my change of plans. Just thought you might wait and compare to Burris?

·
Premium Member
3,908 Posts
All good points about pluses for the Burris Oracle.
However, the Garmin XERO is available now and has a built in shot counter which I think is excellent.
The Burris Oracle won't be here until May I believe.
I am still on the fence and am even waiting on more info for the Halo.
Not making another xbow purchase until this summer, most likely.
I am in no hurry now.

·
Registered
Ten point XRT NITRO!! And Barnett Vengance, (Ghost 350 sold)
141 Posts

·
Premium Member
565 Posts
One of the guys on here put one on his R26 and took a nice buck with it.

I’ve got one and it is growing on me. But I found it a little buggy on set up. No field experience with it yet.

It is a heavy unit. I mounted it on an Excalibur and it balanced ok on that. The guy who put it on the R26 said he didn’t find it top heavy. It’s cold here so I haven’t gotten out to play with it.

·
Registered
6,173 Posts
Waite on the Burris. Cheaper, potentially better glass and it has 2-7X magnification which is a game changer for xbow optics. And you have a lifetime warranty.

·
Registered
Sonoran Desert Arizona.
550 Posts

Thanks

Chuck
I waited and waited for the Garmin. After getting it I was disappointed. It is only 3 power. Burris 2x7 .Its features don't fit me. It was way too busy on the inside. I don't need all of that. I'm buying the Burris. Its also about 500 cheaper. If they were the same price from what I've seen I would still take the Burris.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I was also looking at the Garmin until I saw the Burris Oracle X. I am really hesitant on spending $1400 on a scope with only a one year warranty and only fixed 3.5 zoom. Knowing my luck it would stop working on day 366. The Garmin has a lot more features that would be useful, but in the end I think the Burris with the added zoom, warranty, and price point is a no brainer. Pls all you really need is the level and an aim point in the end.

·
Premium Member
565 Posts
I might end up buying the oracle or the halo just to see which one I like. I think If I hunt with the garmin I will turn off a lot of the extra information in the screen. I will still have some fun messing around with the Garmin. I might have to mount it on the twin strike for a bit of a mad max look!?

·
Registered
110 Posts
Just.for information purposes. There is a small business in Fla. that is selling brand new Garmin Xero X1i for $999.00 plus shipping, no tax to out of state sales. Shipping was 15.00 to Washington State.
I ordered one yesterday from them. $999 plus $15 shipping. For this price I can justify purchasing, but not for $1399. When I spoke with them they stated the next batch would be shipping March 5th. Below is a link.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I ordered one yesterday from them. $999 plus $15 shipping. For this price I can justify purchasing, but not for $1399. When I spoke with them they stated the next batch would be shipping March 5th. Below is a link.

I like doing business with people like them. Small business, care about the customers, offer a good price and are willing to work with you. I really hope they make a go of it. Don't get me wrong, people like Wyvern are good too, just that the price for the same item has a lot to do with the choice of who to purchase from.

·
Registered
3,677 Posts
Just saw one of these for sale already on Crossbow Talk! That was fast, LOL.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Just saw one of these for sale already on Crossbow Talk! That was fast, LOL.
Some things are just not for everyone. Just like in past years you could not have paid me enough to own a Dodge Truck until they changed the body style and made other improvements to it, Bought one in 2004, 2 years later traded it, with over 250,000 miles on it, for a 2006 which I traded for a 2012 which I traded for a 2016. I would be more interested in the reason it is being sold. Is it just not what was expected. or maybe there is a need for some money, or maybe the person thinks it is a piece of junk, Would be interesting to know.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts