Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Premium Member
557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw this scope and I have to say, I thought it was just what I needed. But, I didn't research it enough and bought one.

It came on Christmas Eve. I opened it and I was surprised that by the size and weight ... at least double what I thought it was in my mind.

I like the idea of range finding on the scope. Not sure I want to carry this sucker hunting. I like the size and weight of my trijicon scope on the Ravin bow. This thing is a bit of a boat anchor of a scope!

I read a couple of posts that the lower knob interferes with the crank on the Ravin. Has anyone put one on a Ravin? and what were the work arounds.

I might end up putting in on an excalibur to try it out for now.

·
Registered
13,491 Posts
The work around if you want to call it that is to crank left handed. :)
Did you not read the weight was 1.9 lbs which in real life is 1 lb 15 oz?

·
Premium Member
3,746 Posts
Well if you don't want to return it, let us know how it performs.
If you still don't like it, I'm sure someone will buy it slightly used.
I would, but many on here have some second thoughts about shipping to Canada.
Don't know why.
I've bought from 3 different Members here and received everything via USPS no issues.
Also, lots of stuff from Wyverns and CenterPoint with no issues via USPS either.

·
Premium Member
557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The work around if you want to call it that is to crank left handed. :)
Did you not read the weight was 1.9 lbs which in real life is 1 lb 15 oz?
lol That is a really fair question. I was looking at all the specs and failed to notice or acknowledge size and weight or I might have thought that was the "'shipping weight". It looks pretty cool and useful. It will be something to keep me busy during the winter. If it works well and I like it, hopefully there will be a smaller version I can put on the Ravin.

·
Premium Member
557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Mounting it on my excal for now to get used to it. I'm not willing to take apart one of my ravin set ups yet and the 420 TD has been a lonely closet hanger just waiting for some attention anyway.

·
Premium Member
557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well if you don't want to return it, let us know how it performs.
If you still don't like it, I'm sure someone will buy it slightly used.
I would, but many on here have some second thoughts about shipping to Canada.
Don't know why.
I've bought from 3 different Members here and received everything via USPS no issues.
Also, lots of stuff from Wyverns and CenterPoint with no issues via USPS either.
I'll keep you posted. I am in Detroit. I have had clients right across the boarder and sometimes checks and mail will take a month or more.
Then again, I shipped something to a guy in canada a month or so ago and it got there in less than a week. Go figure!

Reactions: dynamo61

·
Premium Member
3,746 Posts
I'll keep you posted. I am in Detroit. I have had clients right across the boarder and sometimes checks and mail will take a month or more.
Then again, I shipped something to a guy in canada a month or so ago and it got there in less than a week. Go figure!
Geez Phil, I can prolly shoot an arrow across the river to you from Windsor!

·
Premium Member
557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Geez Phil, I can prolly shoot an arrow across the river to you from Windsor!
yup! lol pre covid, normally could just meet, no shipping necessary! I think the border is still closed right now.

·
Premium Member
557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
In the videos I’ve seen it looks huge. The tech will only get better and smaller.
Its pretty huge, not sure why I thought it was going to be small. It actually looks ok on top of the excal. If it goes well I will ease it into the R 20 maybe. the r26 and r29x are sort of short and stocky as it is. this would cube the package out! lol

Reactions: GTM01 and dynamo61

·
Premium Member
3,746 Posts
yup! lol pre covid, normally could just meet, no shipping necessary! I think the border is still closed right now.
Heck, just send the Garmin over to Peche Island (or an island further south down-river if your on the SW side) on a radio controlled boat.
I can take over control with the identical controller from the Canadian side.
The river rarely has any large ice floes as it did 30 to 60 years ago.
Hmmm, the possibilities are endless LOLOL!

·
Registered
13,491 Posts
lol That is a really fair question. I was looking at all the specs and failed to notice or acknowledge size and weight or I might have thought that was the "'shipping weight". It looks pretty cool and useful. It will be something to keep me busy during the winter. If it works well and I like it, hopefully there will be a smaller version I can put on the Ravin.
One of the guys here has one mounted on a Ravin already but I don't remember who.

·
Premium Member
557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
what is the burris one
I am going to wait and see how the Burris version works out. It did look a bit more scope like and smaller for sure.
What is the burris one?

·
Premium Member
557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I think it would be perfect if it is half the size and weight. Hopefully, Burris will put it in a smaller lighter package.

Reactions: dynamo61 and 0002s

·
Registered
99 Posts
Currently the issue is the size of the tech required to have the range finder and scope w/zoom in one. It makes the scope large and heavy.

Give me a fixed 3.5x similar to the Trijicon MRO size or 1x w/3.5x swing mount that links to a pair of binos like the Sig does with their Kilo binos.

The Sig system is a rifle system that they reversed software engineered into working with a crossbow. Just give me the same tech in a fixed 3.5x red dot sized scope.

Assuming I matched a set of arrows to hold a 3” group at 100 yards doesn’t mean I’m going to risk the shot with all the other variables involved. 25-60 yards is more the norm for hunting distances. I don’t need (or want) a lot of zoom for this.

Garmin is on the right path. If the crossbow market continues to grow, other optics companies will join in.

-jm2c

1 - 20 of 55 Posts