Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted this last fall on another forum that I post alot in and figured it would be nice to have in here to get some post up and info for new members to read.

I went out on a evening hunt last Thursday 11-08-07. Had some does working the field off to my right and some had moved in front of me. None never came in close enough to get a good shot. Then behind me I heard a bunch of leaves crunching and by the time I seen him he was about twenty feet behind me. Grabbed bow, turned on camera and it was all over in about thirty seconds! I have the footage on camera, but as we all know I am no good camera man. The Vortex did its job and the Tekan II's only let the deer go about fifty yards. Double lung and heart shoot! Some of the pics may not be good for the faint of heart! I also have a Camera mounted to the scope of my CB, some may have seen it before. So I was able to record it on DVD. It is short but sweet. The link below is to the video on YouTube. Then some pics of the deer after harvest. The next four pics are stills I was able to take from the camera. Could not catch arrow in flight since the deer was to close and the camera shakes to bad right at the shot, but you can see the arrow opening in deer before the deer flinches and then the deer starts to move his head and tail in the third still pic. The fourth still pic is cool since you can see how much he hunches up, head over heals! The last pic is how I have camera mounted on the CB. I know this was not taken with traditional, but thought some of you guys may enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FII94w8ENG8

Note to Admin. This is a new site and not sure of the "unspoken" rules. If any of these pics are not what you desire to have on your site please feel free to edit this post. Some sites worry about what the non hunting community thinks, and some do not.

Sensitive content, not recommended for those under 18 Show Content

·
342 Posts
Man...that a great heart shot...good post

·
101 Posts
hay HOTBURN76 could you send me some info on your mount along with some pics ? i have a sony handycam also and would very much like to set mine up also. excellent job on the deer and camcorder :confused:---- i am jealous bigtime:drool5: [email protected]
well i got a weaver mount and drilled and tapped a 1/4" x 20 in it and now have a bracket for my camcorder all i have to do is get up north and find out what size scope pops put on it so i get the right weaver rings and i am off to the movies ----i hope. maybe i'll have some pics after this april turkey hunt to share with you all.

·
665 Posts
man that is a great idea, now my mind is turning

·
Banned
1,025 Posts
mideerslayer said:
man that is a great idea, now my mind is turning
The camera in Hotburns post/pics is mounted on an Excal range finder mount. It comes complete w/ third ring, has rubber shock absorber, and uses Velcro to hold either camera or rf.

·
Banned
1,256 Posts
Got a new camera for this fall. Too big for the xbow mount but the video should be good.

·
512 Posts
Now ya did it ,Hotburn, I won't rest until I have a cam on my xbow. Now to kiss up to the wife:D

·
Hunter
6,187 Posts
Just a thought.

Just Thinking,I know that can be dangerous,but what if they made a quality cam corder with a built in adjustable crosshair or red dot sight,plus a rangefinder all in one compact unit.

Any takers?:D

Will probably see one in a catalog next year.

·
Obsessed Huntress
5,583 Posts
Big-Bird-VA said:
Got a new camera for this fall. Too big for the xbow mount but the video should be good.
Now I"M jealous! That's the camera I wanted, but got the Canon GL-2 for Christmas. I prefer the SONY cams. I love that camera!
Sony has a tripod camera stand with the controls on the handle. It's a must have piece of equipment. Promise! Sells for @ $125.00. I bungee it to my tree stand when I'm in a tree and it's awesome for hunting on the ground.

·
Administrator
6,085 Posts
Guide Girl said:
Now I"M jealous! That's the camera I wanted, but got the Canon GL-2 for Christmas. I prefer the SONY cams. I love that camera!
Sony has a tripod camera stand with the controls on the handle. It's a must have piece of equipment. Promise! Sells for @ $125.00. I bungee it to my tree stand when I'm in a tree and it's awesome for hunting on the ground.
GG, you can get a remote control to operate any camera. It is called a lanc control. They will attach to any tripod. They are hard wired and control power on/ off, zoom in and out, focus, and some with iris control.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts