Crossbow Nation banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
4,054 Posts
Yes i have had one for a few years. If set up properly it is very effective. I Use a primos trigger stick tripod with a bag chair. I did widin the shooting ports i guess you could call them. Its possible if taken from a warm house or truck and set up on a cold morning they could fog up and just be a white blob. I have never had it happen but i keep in the back of the truck I have a bed cover or on the porch the nite before.

I have been very close to deer for extended periods of time and ended up killing a nice buck. With a set up similar to the green marked pic above. Scent control has got to be practiced and don't forget everything you carry in to use the ghost blind.

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
I also wonder if anyone has fooled around with putting one of these up in a tree stand to cover the lower half so you can move you’re feet a bit, but still reflecting downward. I have a few tree stands that are in hilly grounds, and so I’m at eye level of deer on the ridge across...

·
4,054 Posts
I also wonder if anyone has fooled around with putting one of these up in a tree stand to cover the lower half so you can move you’re feet a bit, but still reflecting downward. I have a few tree stands that are in hilly grounds, and so I’m at eye level of deer on the ridge across...
If they looked up they would see a deer looking back at him :). If they were in the right place.

·
TenPoint Siege, TenPoint Eclipse
793 Posts
Lightweight but a bit bulky I found. Best used in low wind conditions, humidity will effect the reflectivity so must be wiped off as needed.
I actually modified the top to fit my needs ,easily done but permanent.
It worked but became too much of a hassle for me, I went to a leafy type poncho with arms and a low profile, close to the ground seat.
I do not see it as being adaptive for tree stand use due to the material used and it needs to be tipped a bit forward for effective ground use.

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
The price of that Ghost Blind is, IMO, too high for what you get. I keep waiting for a knock-off to show up. It is, after all, nothing more than a plastic mirror. Patent for mirrors must have run out a long time ago!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.