Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Haven’t been around much, crazy world right now! But I did get to go hunting with my Ravin Friday! Possibly the new USA record with xbow. 277lbs
IMG_2959.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,298 Posts
VERY NICE!!!!

Horns

Reactions: dynamo61

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That's a toad!
What outfit (hunting guide/group) did you go with?

Story needed.
Forester exotics. Marcus Pope is head guy! We were in a popup on wooded draw between two fields. The deer were filtering thru a band of WT bucks first 4 in group, one nice 11pt all still in velvet. Then a few WT does with one fawn. About 30 minutes before dark 1st Sika started thru, he was great too wide and a 5x4 he was out of velvet he roared twice rubbed a tree and moved on, then a smaller sika came by and about 40 yds behind mine came up. He walked by at 29yds ravin shot arrow and it flew perfect, quarter away he went about 45yds and dumped. Broadhead was slick trick raptor. Heard several more roaring while we set in blind calming down. Roar is Very unique starts as a high pitch elk sound and ends as a red stag roar! Weather was perfect rained all morning and partly cloudy temp was 77 with great sun set!

·
Registered
13,339 Posts
Awesome! Congrats.:)

·
Registered
296 Posts
Beautiful Buck! Sika are one of my favorites.

I guess this brute was a crossbreed? Pretty cool that a sika can cross with a red deer.

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Beautiful Buck! Sika are one of my favorites.

I guess this brute was a crossbreed? Pretty cool that a sika can cross with a red deer.
Its not a crossbreed its a Dybowski from china not Japan!

·
Registered
228 Posts
The coat on the deer looks like a fallow deer here in Scotland and the antlers resemble a red deer, our sika deer are smaller than the one you have. I thought it was a crossbreed. It doesn't matter what it is, it's a Monster. Well done, that will be your freezer filled lol.

·
Registered
228 Posts
We have here in Scotland, Red deer, Fallow, roe, and sika. In England they have red, roe, fallow, muntjac, I can't remember the last one they have off hand, we have wild hogs in dumfries. I think that's the only place in Scotland that has truly wild hogs. You need permission to shoot them. Although I am being told that the hogs will start moving right through Scotland if they are not culled efficiently.

·
Premium Member
1,262 Posts
Haven’t been around much, crazy world right now! But I did get to go hunting with my Ravin Friday! Possibly the new USA record with xbow. 277lbs View attachment 183961

Congrats, nice work!
If you don't mind me asking, where were you when you shot that Sika?
Thank you.

·
Registered
2,527 Posts
1 - 20 of 22 Posts