Crossbow Nation banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I got my Centerpoint Amped 425 today, but can't do much more till my ordered Vortex Crossfire ll scope shows up Friday or Monday. So today I installed the riser, bipod, and quiver. I'm left handed so what I did for rough measurement is installed the p-poor scope it came with to give a rough ideal if it'll work like I want. First I got the riser installed, then the bipod mounted and added 2 #10-24x1" machine screws with a cam nut into the already tapped holes in the riser, acting as the stop for the bipod legs so when closing it down it don't hit the leg releases and poping the legs to 9". Seen someone else having that problem on Utube, this fixed that problem forever. Next the quiver got a makeover to allow for the bipod, and my lefty-ness. Again seen a utube video where he reverses the latch to keep fingers safe, well that happened and moved it back further making it perfectly free of the bipod and having the forarm grip perfectly comfortable while shoulder pad is extended to #2 position that is my comfort spot. Now back to the logic of the crank, for me at 65, today I realized it's a must. You'd never know I gyprocked, taped, and painted all my life, lol. That thing is a bear. I do have to shorten the rope cocker about 8" regardless as my backup and didn't want the bow cocked yet today, but I know the crank will be friend #1. I also noticed when in shoulder position #2 the crank binds on the shoulder piece making it difficult to easily slip backwards and out. I see about 1/16" need to be filed off the top of that sliding shoulder brace to make the crank slip backwards freely. That'll happen tomorrow If time permits a bit more play time. Heres a picture of the stops for closing up the bipod, easy peasy and maybe down the road can get something more perfect built on the buddies lath.
Gas Motor vehicle Office equipment Auto part Audio equipment

1 - 1 of 1 Posts