Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
1,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think that's #7 with the xbow and 1 with a compound for me. Stick with it you'll get your chance. Taken one out of the blind the rest in a blind. A blind is the ticket.

·
Hunter
6,187 Posts
Great Video!

·
11,432 Posts
It's amazing how turkeys are blind "blind" :)

Bird, great video! Congrats! You are a turkey huntin trick:D

Here is a 23.7 lb gobbler I took 3 years ago.

Attachments

·
Banned
1,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I know what you mean on the blind thing with them. I was using the DB Matrix and did zero brushing in on it. It was sticking 1/2 out of the tree line like a sore thumb. Ive had a hen go by so close I could not see her sitting in a regular camo chair. But out of the blind make one tiny move and it's game over. I used to brush them in for turkeys but not any more. They just don't care.

I've been 5 times this year. Had gobblers go by 30 yds or under 4 out of the 5 times and the 5th someone walking on the adjoining property scared them off just as they were gobbling and hitting this same field. After a lot of years of unproductive turkey hunting I've finally figured them out. Let me know when you want to see the plan in action. :(

·
11,432 Posts
I have not even tried for them this season

I was cutting grass down at the farm last Friday about 2:00 pm and there were 2 gobblers out in the front field just pecking around:) A friend of mine climbed up in my practice ladder stand in the front yard last Monday am and called one time and instantly a gobbler answered him. 15 minutes later the turkey walked out of the woods right into the yard and he plastered him with his shotgun at 25 yards.:( I have a DVD I made of a turkey that walked by me a 35 yards out of the same practice stand in the front yard last year. All I had was my video camera with me. This turkey was HUGE. I've never put anything on YT. Can you tell me what I have to do to load it on there? (PM)

·
Banned
1,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I forgot to add this guy had a second beard. Was stuck under the feathers and I didn't look him over that well as it was hot and I was in a hurry to get him on ice. My first with more than 1 beard.

·
Obsessed Huntress
5,583 Posts
I'm glad to see someone else filming turkey hunts. I have an advantage to filming and shooting being I'm a lefty. Shoot left, run the camera with my right. We girls are used to multi tasking anyway! Oh, I sent you an invite on youtube.

·
Banned
1,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Guide Girl said:
I'm glad to see someone else filming turkey hunts. I have an advantage to filming and shooting being I'm a lefty. Shoot left, run the camera with my right. We girls are used to multi tasking anyway! Oh, I sent you an invite on youtube.
I'm ambidextrous so L/R doesn't matter to me. And the video camera has a remote! Hightech redneck in action. Xbow on lap, rangefinder around my neck, turkey call in mouth, binos in one hand, remote in the other. But I did have some help on last Sat. hunt. A nice 4ft black snake got in the blind and tried to climb up the tripod and run the camera for me. He left when I tried to film him. Glad he wasn't brown or we might have had a new door in the blind.

What's your Youtube name? I got a bunch of lets say "other video" invites and deleted a bunch at one time and your's might have been deleted then. Send it again.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts