Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
The Grim Reapers don't have either and say they don't need one but I am going to throw a 5/16 medium dental band on them just to be safe. My crossbow is shooting right at 400 FPS. A .10 cent band is worth the piece of mind. I shot the NAP Killzones out of my compound bow and loved them. I know a lot of crossbow guys like the crossbow version pretty well. I just decided to change it up when I switched to crossbow.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
545 Posts
I'm looking forward to trying my new truglo's on an animal very soon. They shoot very well from my crossbow and are doing a number on my blob target.
Wapster, upon closer inspection it appears that your package of Truglo's are defective....You should send them to me for proper disposal.:p

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
They are a good head Randy .
Report you findings !!!

·
Registered
943 Posts
Same hear Randy...gonna try them this season. I like the fact that there are no bands or collars required to keep them closed in flight.

·
Registered
220 Posts
I really like the Truglos I like them even better when I turn them into a Hybrid changing out the front blades replacing them with the rear ones also. I've shot them out to 40 yards and they shoot great. Good to each of you and happy hunting

Reactions: SEW

·
4,774 Posts
Hester, I think that is a good idea. Robert , Joe, ? has done that and had positive reports. The TruGlo, SWAT and SWAP XP, Spynal Tapps, Optimizer/Duralyt 2x8 will likely be it for a # of years.

·
Registered
23 Posts
They are great broadheads. I also have been modifying the front blades wish the replacement blades didn't cost so much you only use the 6 big blades basically throw the small ones out and they cost $20. The broadheads cost is around $35 modifying ads $20 more which makes broadheads almost $20 a piece. Not sure modifying is worth that cost.

·
Registered
39 Posts
When the expandable craze started years ago I tried numerous different heads with good results. Not great penetration, but resulted in dead animals. Then I went back to fixed blade for quite a few years. Stuck with them for better penetration and less worries. After buying a crossbow and being a newbie to this weapon I've learned a ton from this site. With that being said, I bought a couple packages of the truglo's also because of those individuals who recommend them.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I'm trying them this season, opens 10/15. I got a "package damaged" set from Amazon for $25 and there was not any damage to the package.

·
Registered
220 Posts
They're a tough broadhead you won't be disappointed. I've shot the one I use for practice in my broadhead target over and over with no damage to the head and the blades are still sharp. Since killing the 2 does this year I've been watching quite a few a deer waiting on a nice buck or another big doe with no little ones. I'm going to get the itchy finger pretty soon hopefully and put something else down with them.

·
Registered
2,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I sacrificed 1 today for practice....6 times in a blob at different distances and no broken blades...fly's better than fieldpoints.....if thats possible. Will be using a deer for a target this week I hope. Tomorrow is Mich opener.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts