Crossbow Nation banner

Going to Test Some Crossbows Today

2K views 16 replies 9 participants last post by  matt76cmich 
#1 · (Edited)
When Killer Instinct released the Fatal X I thought it was gonna be for me and I put one on order, but I have since canceled it. With everything that has been going on the past year or so I decided that I should try to buy made in the USA and local as much as possible.

That said I plan on trying to shoot a few Tenpoints (WR NXT 400, Viper S400, Siege RS410, and Vengent S440), Ravins (R10 and R20), and an Excalibur Assassin 420TD if they have one (I know they have the Double Strike, but that's not for me).

Anything I should be looking for out of these?

Currently shooting a Killer Instinct Ripper 415 and I like the feel of it. With being a bigger guy (6'5") I'm not sure how the shorter bows will feel, but hopefully find out tonight after work.

Are Centerpoints made here by chance? I see they have the same parent company as Ravin based out of Wisconsin and the last time I was at the shop talking with the tech he said he was impressed by the Wrath 430 for the price point.

Thank you for the help,

Matt

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

See less See more
#9 · (Edited)
Well, after shooting all of them except Mission (didn't have any) I bought the Tenpoint Siege RS410. It shot the best out of the bunch when shooting offhand (I'll be hunting from the ground and my climber). The 1" stock extension made all of the difference for me for the feel compared to the Viper (which was my second choice).

#12 ·
Well, after shooting all of them except Mission (didn't have any) I am going with the Tenpoint Siege RS410. It shot the best out of the bunch when shooting offhand (I'll be hunting from the ground and my climber). The 1" stock extension made all of the difference for me for the feel compared to the Viper (which was my second choice).

Good for you :)

Best of luck!

#15 ·
I went with the Tenpoint because my local shop is a certified service center and they are known for good customer service. I thought for sure I was going to want the Ravin R20 or the Tenpoint Vengent do to their longer length since I'm an above average size guy, but the Seige just worked for what I wanted and how I hunt.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.