Crossbow Nation banner
41 - 49 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
963 Posts
I've never used deer decoys in NC I try my best to try and catch them off guard if possible. Here's a small buck trying to breed with my 3 D deer at the back of my property during the rut, as rut crazy as he was he would probably come to any doe decoy.

Organism Adaptation Flash photography Terrestrial animal Font

·
Premium Member
TP RS470, Ravin R20, Excal 400, Sub1 Xr
573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
@ Blaster
I think you are absolutely correct . Can't see a scenario where these would be of any value on public land. I also think they serve no purpose in the woods.
On private open fields however, they draw attention.
I have a carry lite that can be set up as a doe, or by adding the antlers, a buck.
I'm fortunate to have a 60 acre field with a narrow funnel. We'll see what happens

·
13,375 Posts
Only Duke could come up with that😆
Here's one ... for the kids ...lol
In case you didn't think about it:

• Your grandma wore very short mini skirts, thin panties, high boots, and no bra...
  • She listened to Led Zeppelin, The Beatles, Janis Joplin, and Rolling Stones.
  • She rode on motorcycles and fast cars.
  • She smoked tobacco and other things...
  • She drank gin-tonics, whiskey, and whatever...
  • She came home at 4 am and left for work in the morning...
Know that you will never be as cool as your grandma.
Excuse me but someone had to say it.

Footwear Shoe Photograph Leg Human

• Love
Reactions: archer36 and tanasi

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Here's one ... for the kids ...lol
In case you didn't think about it:

• Your grandma wore very short mini skirts, thin panties, high boots, and no bra...
  • She listened to Led Zeppelin, The Beatles, Janis Joplin, and Rolling Stones.
  • She rode on motorcycles and fast cars.
  • She smoked tobacco and other things...
  • She drank gin-tonics, whiskey, and whatever...
  • She came home at 4 am and left for work in the morning...
Know that you will never be as cool as your grandma.
Excuse me but someone had to say it.

View attachment 225889
Nice 2 pointer

·
13,375 Posts
Reactions: deermanct

·
4,180 Posts
When we go to pick up the Big E (grandson) he has neighbors that have Buck statues in their yards. One has a doe and Buck. During the rut i have seen small bucks messing with them and hanging around. Never anything of any size and neither has my son in law. But i did notice just the other day one of the bucks was missing a horn on one side.

Man needs to put one out and put a reconx watching it.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Decoys can work and also can chase deer away. If the deer all of sudden stumbles into the decoy in thick woods, it can spook them. In thick cover or woods, I recommend calling a doe or fawn call every ten minutes, so the deer know in advance there's a deer close by.

41 - 49 of 49 Posts