Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don’t live in Wisconsin so not sure if this is something residents know about or it just came out. I’m sure the activists will do ever they can to stop it.

·
Registered
881 Posts
Seen a report the morning that 52 wolves harvested so far. additionally three zones will be closing tomorrow, having reached the quota cap.
Also, some reports of hunter harassment, and Indian tribes trying to buy up a good number of tags.
Real world crazies, check out the attached video link!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
124 Posts
i guess the wi. hunters that run dogs know what they are doing. season is closing tomorrow as the kill quota will have been met. as for buying up tags i doubt it. tags are given out by a point system. bear hunters get their tags the same way. you may wait 4-7 years to get a bear tag. no one goes out and just gets one.

·
Registered
881 Posts
It does get a bit confusing, if I have it correct there was to be a total of 4,000 license and harvest tags allowed. and a total harvest quota of 200 wolves split up between 6 zones. Of the 200 quota, only 119 to be harvested by non tribal members, and 81 by tribal members ( of which the Indians will not harvest wolves, because they consider them sacred). Latest update shows 82 harvested and 3 zones closing tomorrow (the 24th) at 10:00AM and the other three zones closing tomorrow at 3:00 PM. So more could be added tomorrow yet. As far as the guy from the wolf patrol who burned his license in my previous link to the video in post #3, all he proved is his questionable intelligence and that he donated money to the WIDNR for nothing. The wolf permit application cost $10.00 and if drawn, a resident harvest permit is $49.00 and a non-resident tag is $251.00. If you are bored, check out the link to their website, you can see first hand how they operate and the extremes they will go to.

Link to WIDNR Info Wolf hunting and trapping | Wisconsin DNR 🙀

Link to wolf patrol Info Wolf Patrol 🤧

·
Registered
Western Wisconsin
808 Posts
Great to see them rid Wisconsin of some wolves!

The ol timers knew what they were doing by getting rid of them all.

·
Registered
428 Posts
stupid is stupid does. He did not save a wolf. one less person hunting them. The hunt will be shut down when they reach the quota with or without that tag

·
Registered
750 Posts
Let the wackos donate their money to the DNR, it just means more tags will be issued next season to reach quota.
Of course, the fact that it took less than 3 days to surpass the quota could mean that there are a lot more wolves on hand than DNR lets on. Consider that the only legal challenge I'm aware of came from the DNR themselves.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Let the wackos donate their money to the DNR, it just means more tags will be issued next season to reach quota.
Of course, the fact that it took less than 3 days to surpass the quota could mean that there are a lot more wolves on hand than DNR lets on. Consider that the only legal challenge I'm aware of came from the DNR themselves.

·
Registered
881 Posts
Looks like the final number is 218 harvested. The prior "GUESSTIMATED" wolf population in the state by the DNR was roughly a total of 1,000 to 1,250 wolves, the general consensus of the wolf hunters is that if that many (approx. 20 %) of the population was harvested in just three days, There is a lot more wolves on the landscape then as predicted by the DNR. Next, only time will tell if the federal gov. relists the wolves as endangered which would put a late year hunt out of the question. If that does not happen, the next hunt would be from November 2021 to February 2022. What any quotas would be then would be a guessing game. The original carrying capacity set by the DNR many years ago was set at 350. Bottom line, there is still to many wolves in Wisconsin.

·
Registered
57 Posts
There's a reason wolves were killed off before, I say kill them all.
yes and that reason comes from christianity, they hunted down pagans who were called wolfmen, there is no other culture in a world that killed wolfs for no other reason than fear
than europeans and this only happend after rise of vatican and they insane agenda to conquer the world

how you think we got dogs?

·
Registered
53 Posts
yes and that reason comes from christianity, they hunted down pagans who were called wolfmen, there is no other culture in a world that killed wolfs for no other reason than fear
than europeans and this only happend after rise of vatican and they insane agenda to conquer the world

how you think we got dogs?
The reason around here the destruction of domestic animals, hard to make a living on cattle if they are eating your youngstock.

·
Registered
57 Posts
The reason around here the destruction of domestic animals, hard to make a living on cattle if they are eating your youngstock.
"Official statistics available from 2018 show that under provisions of the federal Endangered Species Act, $144,509 in compensation was paid to Wisconsin farmers and pet owners for 33 cattle and 19 hunting dogs lost to wolves. That’s 33 cattle fatalities out of Wisconsin’s 3.45 million heads of cattle, according to the U.S. Department of Agriculture."

source: Slaughtering wolves in Wisconsin just for the thrill of the kill - Chicago Sun-Times

wolfs do pray hunting dogs here in finland too and im pretty sure its about they barking, im not sure how you train hunting dogs in US but constant barking is annoying

ive seen news that wolf pack has traveled tens of kilometers just to get rid of a barking dog

·
Registered
750 Posts
Wisconsin wolf predation

Above is a link to the Wisconsin DNR's site reporting cases of wolves killing or injuring dogs(pets and hunting) and livestock. In 2018 it was 34 dogs confirmed killed or injured by wolves. In 2020 it was 44. They also track the unconfirmed cases there, where it is unclear it was caused by a wolf. Also cases of wolves harassing livestock. You'll notice some labeled "confirmed human health and safety", of those there were zero for 2016, 1 in 2017, 3 in 2018, 1 in 2019, 5 in 2020, these are cases where wolves came into close proximity to humans without fear.
I don't know what barking has to do with it, traditionally the hounds barking is how you track the movements of your hounds and the sounds they make tell you what's happening in the chase. I assure you, if you're annoyed by the sounds of barking dogs here, it's not likely that what you are hearing is hounds in chase. Hunting with hounds is already common practice here for bear and coyote, it's not like we suddenly have hounds running all over the land.
If you want to know the truth I suggest you find a better source than the Chicago Sun Times, those people aren't from our state, they live highrise apartments in an endless city, they are blatantly anti-hunting, anti-weapons of any kind for any reason, and have probably never seen a hunting dog let alone a wolf in the wild.
It's not about fear and hatred, or religion. it's about managing the resources, and to some degree safety. The DNR wildlife biologists had previously determined that the appropriate number of wolves for our state was about 350. Due to the right to manage that number having been taken away, the wolf population is nearly 4 times higher than that now, even by the most conservative estimates.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Wisconsin wolf predation

Above is a link to the Wisconsin DNR's site reporting cases of wolves killing or injuring dogs(pets and hunting) and livestock. In 2018 it was 34 dogs confirmed killed or injured by wolves. In 2020 it was 44. They also track the unconfirmed cases there, where it is unclear it was caused by a wolf. Also cases of wolves harassing livestock. You'll notice some labeled "confirmed human health and safety", of those there were zero for 2016, 1 in 2017, 3 in 2018, 1 in 2019, 5 in 2020, these are cases where wolves came into close proximity to humans without fear.
I don't know what barking has to do with it, traditionally the hounds barking is how you track the movements of your hounds and the sounds they make tell you what's happening in the chase. I assure you, if you're annoyed by the sounds of barking dogs here, it's not likely that what you are hearing is hounds in chase. Hunting with hounds is already common practice here for bear and coyote, it's not like we suddenly have hounds running all over the land.
If you want to know the truth I suggest you find a better source than the Chicago Sun Times, those people aren't from our state, they live highrise apartments in an endless city, they are blatantly anti-hunting, anti-weapons of any kind for any reason, and have probably never seen a hunting dog let alone a wolf in the wild.
It's not about fear and hatred, or religion. it's about managing the resources, and to some degree safety. The DNR wildlife biologists had previously determined that the appropriate number of wolves for our state was about 350. Due to the right to manage that number having been taken away, the wolf population is nearly 4 times higher than that now, even by the most conservative estimates.
400 is considered to be the magic number to preserve healthy dna pool and culture among all living beens (this includes speakers of the language hence i mentioned culture)
and that is in a brink of extinction, im not aware of geography of us and states limits and also not aware how vast areas wolfs cover there

fear leads to agression, common language or mutual understanding is what eases fears

should kids have education and readyness to confront and defence if necessery against wild life?
think so

i did read some column from person who were annoyed by the paper work bcos of cattle lost
and she also mentioned the most important reason to be annoyed which was "ETC"
and how much she cared about her cattle and loss, yet sheppards or shepparding were not on her mind i bet

should there be sheppards to guard cattle if you actually care?
think so

and no i dont live in wolf area either but i did encounter small and young wolf pack when i lived in forrest for few years
at night they came to my tent and sniffed around, 3 of em had my tent surrounded, there was single scout who visited the place 4-5days earlier, its expirience i never want to forget, altho it was frighting as i had no weapons to defend my self, not even a pole, i assume they were just curious and took off immeadtly when i made sudden moves through tent
and never came back

when you kill old wolf you also take away part of they culture, and create problems as young ones dosnt have the expirience, this is same in all animals, hence crown heads should be left alone mostly as far as i can understand it

edit: i have to add into this, this is same crap as leaving your kids into kindergardens and
have faith that they will grow just fine, its one of the plagues in our society and really
bad culture

·
Registered
881 Posts
400 is considered to be the magic number to preserve healthy dna pool and culture among all living beens (this includes speakers of the language hence i mentioned culture)
and that is in a brink of extinction, im not aware of geography of us and states limits and also not aware how vast areas wolfs cover there

fear leads to agression, common language or mutual understanding is what eases fears

should kids have education and readyness to confront and defence if necessery against wild life?
think so

i did read some column from person who were annoyed by the paper work bcos of cattle lost
and she also mentioned the most important reason to be annoyed which was "ETC"
and how much she cared about her cattle and loss, yet sheppards or shepparding were not on her mind i bet

should there be sheppards to guard cattle if you actually care?
think so

and no i dont live in wolf area either but i did encounter small and young wolf pack when i lived in forrest for few years
at night they came to my tent and sniffed around, 3 of em had my tent surrounded, there was single scout who visited the place 4-5days earlier, its expirience i never want to forget, altho it was frighting as i had no weapons to defend my self, not even a pole, i assume they were just curious and took off immeadtly when i made sudden moves through tent
and never came back

when you kill old wolf you also take away part of they culture, and create problems as young ones dosnt have the expirience, this is same in all animals, hence crown heads should be left alone mostly as far as i can understand it

edit: i have to add into this, this is same crap as leaving your kids into kindergardens and
have faith that they will grow just fine, its one of the plagues in our society and really
bad culture
I would believe, if you lived in northern Wisconsin and dealt with the wolf situation there, You would have a different attitude. Much different story when they are over populated for the habitat and they are constantly in your back yard killing your cattle, dogs, sheep, other domestic animals, even having a devastating mortality rate on free ranging wild animals, whitetail deer elk, etc.. A totally different situation from cute fuzzy wittle bunny wabbits enjoying you garden.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I would believe, if you lived in northern Wisconsin and dealt with the wolf situation there, You would have a different attitude. Much different story when they are over populated for the habitat and they are constantly in your back yard killing your cattle, dogs, sheep, other domestic animals, even having a devastating mortality rate on free ranging wild animals, whitetail deer elk, etc.. A totally different situation from cute fuzzy wittle bunny wabbits enjoying you garden.
i think we had same kind of situation here in finland in some areas when wolfs came from russian side of the border and had no manners, you guys have sheppards where you live?

last time i had close contact with the fuzzy wittle bunny wabbit was when young northern gohawk took it just outside of my tent, god what a privilidge was it to see him cleaning it

kanapaskoo - YouTube

1 - 20 of 36 Posts