Crossbow Nation banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the opportunity to purchase a brand new, never fired Sub-1 that comes with XB-1 scope, Matthews quiver, 3 arrows, and a Mission case. What is a good price for this setup?

I’m also concerned about the weight. They are heavy. Anybody have buyer’s remorse after purchasing due to the weight?

·
Registered
15,938 Posts
I'm assuming the warranty has already been registered?!?

·
Registered
710 Posts
The weight is not really an issue if you are going to rope cock but if you start adding the crank then maybe..... I have 2 XRs and 2 Ravins, and out of those bows I will tell you the Ravins go up the tree and tripod and the XRs stay on the ground. I do not have buyers remorse but I do hunt with the Ravins more. As for price, I think for what you are looking at a good price would be around 1200-1300. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm assuming the warranty has already been registered?!?
The warranty has never been registered. It is a brand-new bow. Dealer is going out of business. I can get the bow with the Pro Package for $1100.

The only reason I'm considering it is because I like to shoot, a lot...... and I've found out the hard way that with most crossbows that is a problem. String wear and stretch, cams going out of time frequently. Spend as much time in the bow shop as you do on the range. From what I read the Sub-1 is one of the few bows that you can shoot a bunch and not have to worry about it. Cams don't go out of time. And you can change strings and cables without a press and can de-cock, which is a must have for me. Can anyone give their real life experiences with the Sub-1 and string life, staying in tune, and general maintenance needs?

Reactions: BrokenArrows

·
Premium Member
Mission Sub-1
125 Posts
I can't share on longevity, but from reading the forums in my research I feel confident in any product Mission produces.

Regarding price, $1100 is really good. I was able to get mine recently, in the same package mentioned above, for $1200.

Reactions: THF

·
Registered
Mission Sub One series
1,747 Posts
That's a good price ($1100) you mentioned on the Sub one Pro package..
The scope is decent, the arrows, maybe not so much..I'd get me some Wyvern Creations Dragon Claws for that bow and go shoot ..
String n cable life is pretty good on the Sub One...cable life on the XR is a bit suspect...
If you go aftermarket for any of the Sub bows, I'd recommend Threadz..they serve just about every part of their string n cables set for the Sub bows..

·
Registered
Mission Sub One series
1,747 Posts
I've hunted with and shot, primarily, Mission Sub series for about the last two years ..no issues, no remorse..they flat out shoot, are quiet, for crossbows, almost zero feedback, vibration-wise, to the shooter at the shot... balance pretty well when shot free-handed.

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Is it true that you HAVE TO SHOOT MISSION branded arrows, or the warranty is voided? This is what the dealer told me. But he also told me they only offered 19", 250 grain arrows too. Which I have found out is not true. They sell a 300 grain, 19" arrow as well. Which is what I would go with if I have to shoot Mission arrows to maintain my warranty.

When I look on their website, I see "highly recommend" using Mission arrows and you must use aluminum half-moon knocks. But doesn't state the warranty is voided if using a non Mission branded arrow.

·
Registered
Mission Sub One series
1,747 Posts
There is always that kinda BS..
You keep a couple of "factory" arrows around for a "just in case" and just shoot what YOU WANT..I don't use metal (aluminum) moon nocks either.
I use versa nocks offered by Wyverns...never had a issue..I shoot Lumenock parker style capture illuminated nocks when hunting... again, never had a problem.

·
Registered
Mission MXB-360
19 Posts
I'll chime in about the aluminum nock issue. FWIW... I was using Victory Decimator bolts with plastic nocks with my MXB-360 and I had nock blow up, as did the front end of my bow, which was a mangled mess of strings, cables and limbs. So, I ordered half-moon aluminum nocks from Black Eagle and switched the nocks out of the Decimators and haven't had a problem since.

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for the info Wexford XBH. I’m going to need arrows for my Sub-1. I’ll look for the aluminum nocks you mentioned
I know one thing, I won’t be going the SSA route anymore. $100 + for 6 arrows with shipping. No thanks.

·
Registered
777 Posts
Thanks for the info Wexford XBH. I’m going to need arrows for my Sub-1. I’ll look for the aluminum nocks you mentioned
I know one thing, I won’t be going the SSA route anymore. $100 + for 6 arrows with shipping. No thanks.
I recently purchased the XR and really like it. I make my own arrows using Sirius woven shafts with Firenock D3 nocks and they are shooting outstanding. Reach out to WWB on here. I hear his arrows are outstanding and affordable. I would go with him over the Dragon Claw; they are same shafts but his are spine indexed and weight matched. He is also a mod on here.

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Good stuff Longbow. Thank you!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts