Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
advanced member
1,674 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to wet a dare devil in the creek close to our home and walking the edge of the river did me in. Short of breathe weakness in the limbs and sweating. Yup, a heart attack. Two days later and one stint and a couple of balloon treatments I believe that I am on the mend. It was a wake of call. I have a couple of projects in my shop that I wanted to build such as a Grandfather clock to finish and a canoe that I always wanted to tackle. Of course I want to shoot the biggest buck in the swamp with my Crossbow to so I refuse to push diasy's. To the hunt.:)

·
8,917 Posts
Glad you're alright! Take care of yourself. Grandfather clock sounds like quite a project.

Reactions: dynamo61

·
Registered
5,151 Posts
Glad you’re all right. I had 2 stents in 98’ and they sleeved one of those again in 08’. A few years back I was diagnosed with A-fib during my stress test.

Life’s a beach but staying cooped up is no way to live. Good luck hunting this fall.

Reactions: dynamo61

·
Registered
377 Posts
Glad you made it through and that you plan on mending up and tackling some of the projects you may have taken for granted you would have time to complete. Now that you have been "Awakened", make the most of what life has afforded you a second chance at. Good luck going forward!

·
Registered
366 Posts
Went to wet a dare devil in the creek close to our home and walking the edge of the river did me in. Short of breathe weakness in the limbs and sweating. Yup, a heart attack. Two days later and one stint and a couple of balloon treatments I believe that I am on the mend. It was a wake of call. I have a couple of projects in my shop that I wanted to build such as a Grandfather clock to finish and a canoe that I always wanted to tackle. Of course I want to shoot the biggest buck in the swamp with my Crossbow to so I refuse to push diasy's. To the hunt.:)
Glad to hear you are on the mend, take care my friend.

·
Premium Member
1,126 Posts
Glad to hear your positive attitude, agingcrossbower.
Keep on keeping on!

Reactions: BULLDOGGBOYZ

·
Registered
6,532 Posts
I'm glad to hear your okay. Modern medicine has come a long way. My dad had a heart attack back in 2002 and went for the operation and he has been fine since. He takes his medications and listens to the doctors.

·
Registered
10,494 Posts
You guys are mighty lucky having heart attacks and just getting stents. I didn't even have a heart attack and had quadruple bypass surgery done when I almost passed out a couple of times. Take care of yourself and get used to eating a lot of oatmeal and taking aspirin daily which will make you bruise easily every time your arms brush against something. I will be sending a few prayers your way though. We can all use a few. :)

·
advanced member
1,674 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks everyone! It is truly amazing what the Doctors can do. I will say if you not happy with what a doctor is saying do not hesitate on getting a second opinion. The wife drove me to the emergency at Aurora which is 25 miles away. They had me ambulanced to Aurora Baycare which is another 40 miles. They had me ambulanced to Aurora St. Lukes which is 90 miles away and that place is rank in the top 10 in the world for the heart. Mercy, I just kept nodding in agreement and with every move. This bill just for the ambulance rides will be big. The surgery room at St. Lukes is amazing. I am very lucky. When that heart starts banging in your chest it is truly an eye opener.

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
Glad to hear you are on the mend . I will be praying for a full recovery and that you walk in divine health. Take care my friend.

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
Glad to hear you are on the mend . I will be praying for a full recovery and that you walk in divine health. Take care my friend

·
Registered
144 Posts
Glad it worked out ok for you aging. Prayers sent for you and all the rest of us. In these trying times we all can use them.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts