Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.wlf.state.la.us/news/?id=1017

Act 22 changes the age requirements for all youth hunts to reflect 17 years of age and younger, which is a two-year increase from the previous 15 years of age and younger rule. Act 51 allows the use of crossbows during archery season for all licensed hunters and changes the wording from muzzleloader season to primitive firearms season in the hunting regulations. Both of these acts were already pre-approved by the commission and their provisions will be added to the 2008-09 hunting regulations.
"The department and commission are always looking for ways to make hunting more accessible for the state's youth and adults to keep the Louisiana hunting heritage alive," said Jimmy Anthony, Louisiana Department of Wildlife and Fisheries (LDWF) assistant secretary. "Act 22 allows two more years for the youth of this state to hunt during our many special youth hunt weekends. Act 51 gives the hunter more options on how they would like to hunt. We would like to say thank you to the legislature and the governor for getting these two acts signed into law."
I am so glad! I knew that it was going to pass after talking to some LDWF people. That is why I am a proud new owner of an Excalibur Vortex.

I look forward to learning from you guys.

·
Armed Citizen
1,918 Posts
Welcome aboard

Congratulations Louisiana!!!
We look forward to seeing the results of your harvest this year.
I also noticed that bill increased your youth age to 17 from 15. Thats good news for the youngsters.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts