Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My grandson Cameron connected with doe #2 this year, yesterday it was Youth Day here in N.C. were Youth under the age could hunt with any legal weapon so he chose to hunt with my T/C 6.5 Creedmore. We were hunting in a double ladder stand watching 2 food plots that I had planted about a month ago.I thought we were going to get skunked when right before dark this doe walked out into the food plot and decided to feed giving Cameron a great shot opportunity, Cameron made a great shot at about 80 yards knocking her down when the bullet hit but she managed to make it to her feet and ran another 40 yards before she was done. Cameron has already taken a doe this year with the crossbow and he was pretty excited once again. I'm so blessed to be able to share these moments with my grandsons God has Blessed us once again.

Cameron's doe 2020.jpg

·
Registered
13,346 Posts
He's in "the groove" now so watch out! That young lad is gonna fill your freezers.;) Congrats to BOTH you and your grandson.:)

·
Registered
545 Posts
Yes, both you and your grandson are blessed to be able to share in the experience of a successful hunt together. He will remember it for the rest of his days. Congratulations to the both if you.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks everyone for the replies it is a joy to be able to hunt with them and teach them the way of the woods. We had some great conversations sitting in the stand including wind direction and how it effects seeing of deer and how the wind can change direction several times while you're hunting changing everything up.

Reactions: IFlyRv10

·
Registered
15 Posts
Congratulations to Cameron and you!! I had my 8 yr old grandson get extremely close to making his first crossbow shot on deer a couple weeks ago and again last weekend on a youth only hunt. We're hunting public WMA and on the ground. Both times, we were able to get deer close enough but either couldn't stop them in a shooting lane or were busted from 25 yds or so. As Hester comments, it is great to share and have conversations with our grandkids on hunting and see the world through their eyes. I have a huge smile of my face now as I type this and reflect on him coming back and telling his story to Nana, Dad & Mom and rest of family.

Blessed beyond imagination!! Enjoy these times.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'm going to be hunting with a couple of my other grandsons so hopefully one of them will fill a tag soon also and get to share their story with everyone.

Reactions: Rit
1 - 13 of 13 Posts