Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 13 yoa grandson took a doe this morning before church. My son in law cocked his Micro 335 so Cameron could use it this morning for a couple of hours before church. Cameron got up this morning on his own and went to the garage and slid open the window and hunted from the garage on his own and waited and watched the woodline near their home for an unsuspecting deer to come within crossbow range, Cameron watched several deer this morning before he took a shot and this nice doe with the Excalibur Micro 335 with a NAP FOC 170 gr. broadhead. The deer was standing broadside about 20 yards away when he sent an arrow through both lungs collecting his 1st deer while hunting by himself with no coaching. Cameron was pretty excited when he went in the house and woke everyone up. The doe left plenty of blood in the woods for them to follow for an easy tracking job. Cameron was pretty pumped up when I spoke to him this morning, this was Cameron's 6th deer that he has taken and 4 of them have been with a crossbow. I went over to their house and spoke to him this afternoon and he was very anxious to show me where the deer was standing and the way the deer ran leaving a great blood trail. I'm very proud of my young grandson's they're learning to be very good hunters and they enjoy the sport as much as we do.

Cameron's crossbow doe 2020.png

·
Registered
544 Posts
Way to go Cam!

·
Registered
13,331 Posts
It's in his blood now. Those deer better watch out!! Tell him congrats.:)

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks everyone I'll tell him congrats from everyone. I went over and passed football with him yesterday afternoon and he was still pumped up.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Congrats Cameron! Looks like you made a perfect shot

·
Registered
8 Posts
Best thing I read all day. Congratulations Cam. Thats wonderful that he was motivated enough to get up on his own to hunt.... in pajamas.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

1 - 17 of 17 Posts