Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5,351 Posts
Welcome to the CBN Steve and I like that combo! I'm obviously a RDX fan and have had a lot of experience with the various RDX designs from TenPoint and Wicked Ridge over the past 4-5 years. I think you will be happy with your setup. I'm a DFW area guy as well (Allen).

Reactions: SteveA

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you Sir, I like the idea of the weight being moved back some, at my age that should be a plus. I am still waffeling a bit on which XB 30 to go with, one with clearer optics or the other with a bit more zoom "LOL"

·
Registered
5,351 Posts
Thank you Sir, I like the idea of the weight being moved back some, at my age that should be a plus. I am still waffeling a bit on which XB 30 to go with, one with clearer optics or the other with a bit more zoom "LOL"
Balance is nice and it’s the legacy value these RDX bows offer. The XB30 in either form is good. Have you considered the TenPoint Marksman which is the next step up for today’s options.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Balance is nice and it’s the legacy value these RDX bows offer. The XB30 in either form is good. Have you considered the TenPoint Marksman which is the next step up for today’s options.
I had not but I will go take a look at it. Thanks

·
Registered
34 Posts
Welcome, Steve! This is a great place. I'm around the corner from ya... up in Amarillo.

·
Registered
106 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
I am in the DFW area and will order a Wicked Ridge RDX 400 with a ACUdraw Pro and a XB30 Pro in the next week or so.

I have been going through a lot of information on here and learning a lot :)
Where you from Steve. "DFW Area" is about the size of Connecticut, and then some if you fudge. I'm in the "Area" outskirts, and a long way from Dallas. We're somewhere in the red circle.

Cheers

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
We are a bit spread out "LOL" I am in Grapevine. If you could take 360 north of 121 for about 2 miles that is my area.

I am looking for a range now that allows xbows and I think there is one off of 408 just east of Mountain Creek lake.

·
Registered
13,221 Posts
Welcome to the boards. :)

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
I am in the DFW area and will order a Wicked Ridge RDX 400 with a ACUdraw Pro and a XB30 Pro in the next week or so.

I have been going through a lot of information on here and learning a lot :)
Welcome to our CBN network!
Looks like you have done your homework well in preparation for your hunts.
Good shooting and hunting!
Personally I believe the Hawke XB30 SR Compact is a better scope. The reticle layout is easy to dial in and the glass clear.
Recently I proved it by shooting all the way to 115 yards to check the scope layout. I hit all of them easy.
I videoed the 115 yard one.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts