Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello and thanks for having me here! I am a XB newbie, after many years of hunting with a compound bow. For the longest time, Pennsylvania only allowed disabled people to hunt with a XB. To be honest, had I not torn my labrum years ago, I would probably still be using a compound bow. That being said, I suppose I would feel a bit cheated using a bow while so many are utilizing the advantages of a XB at the same time...LOL! I opted to buy a TP Viper S400 as my first XB, and I am hoping it will stand up to the test of time and be a great performer in the woods for many years to come. My father had a Barnett with a few hundred bolts through it before the stock split for some unknown reason. Upon contacting Barnett, he was told by a Rep that they no longer have/make that particular stock anymore, and that he now owned an 8lb paper weight! Wow! A rep REALLY said that to my 72 year old father! SMH. Needless to say we are done with Barnett for life. For Father's Day I purchased him a Ki Boss 405 and a DSC to make cocking it easier on an old fella. Looking forward to spending this season and future seasons in the woods with my Dad. :)

·
Premium Member
3,746 Posts
Welcome BULLDOGBOYZ, glad to have you on board.
Sad to hear about your Father's experience with Barnett, SMH is right.
Hope his KI Boss 405 and your Viper S400 bring you both years of shooting fun!

Cheers,
dynamo16

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome BULLDOGBOYZ, glad to have you on board.
Sad to hear about your Father's experience with Barnett, SMH is right.
Hope his KI Boss 405 and your Viper S400 bring you both years of shooting fun!

Cheers,
dynamo16
Thank you kindly Dynamo16! Good luck to you going forward. Be safe out there!

·
Registered
600 Posts
enjoy the crossbow and time with your father...Like you if it wasn't for a injury I would still be using my Mathews compound......I'm 10 mins from Easton, PA..

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
enjoy the crossbow and time with your father...Like you if it wasn't for a injury I would still be using my Mathews compound......I'm 10 mins from Easton, PA..
Ah...Good ole Easton and Larry Holmes. A truly underrated heavyweight champ by many, but not by me! I actually ride my Harley through Easton quite often on the way up 611 when we cruise on weekends. Bangor Mountain was a close enough, yet "wild" enough place my father took me to hunt often as a kid. Fond Memories for sure! Oh...Can't forget about the many shad fishing excursions on the Delaware up your way!

·
Registered
127 Posts

Reactions: BULLDOGGBOYZ

·
Registered
14,026 Posts
Welcome to the boards. :)

Reactions: BULLDOGGBOYZ

·
Registered
2016 Silverado