Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Weighed the heads for the guys who might be interested in this head. The pro tips are very impressive and blades are sharp out of the package. $64.98 for 4 broadheads and practice tip to my door here in Louisiana. Will be testing accuracy this afternoon with TenPoint Stealth nxt and EVO-X centerpiece arrows at 385 fps.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1 Posts
Killed four deer here in Louisiana last year with Grim Reaper original x-bow heads. Had all complete pass thru with average trailing distance of less than 40 yards. The pro series looks really top notch and hope you have good luck with them. Let us know how they work for you this year.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well I tested the heads and sad to report i couldn't get them to group better than 3" at 40 yards. That is not and acceptable result for my taste. Guess I'll have to stay with the Rage Hypodermic NC again this year. They shoot lees than 1" groups at 40 yards on the same setup.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,426 Posts
I have not had issues hitting POA with these or the bigger 4 blades. The 4 blades are not Crossbow approved and do require banding all the time. These 3 blade heads will need bands if you plan to shoot them more than once. The base collar is key to holding the blades closed when shot and after they are used, that collar gets slightly damaged and doesn't have the same ability to hold the blades closed when shot. I use Heavy Duty 5/16" dental bands which are very affordable and easy to find on Amazon.

Good luck testing these!

·
Registered
244 Posts
Great thread! i just purchased these same heads. I bought 2 practice heads and 2 packs of 4 with intentions of testing and throwing away of the heads. I was seeing 2" groups out to 40 yards with the practice heads and 3" groups with the actual broadhead. Same results with Ravin 26 and Barnett Whitetail Hunter II - all shots done in lead sled. I was extremely pleased with results of the groups.

·
Registered
265 Posts
I got some 4blade reapers with my xbow as a package deal and there is no bands on them, kind of worried about hunting with them because I used one to practice with and its accurate and it went thru the target and was sticking out the back but it wasn't open don't know if it closed back when it stopped so kind of worried about that any suggestion

·
Registered
47 Posts
I haven't used bands on mine but might this year for peace of mind. The blades will definitely snap back closed after passing through a target or when pulling out of a target.

·
Registered
5,426 Posts
I got some 4blade reapers with my xbow as a package deal and there is no bands on them, kind of worried about hunting with them because I used one to practice with and its accurate and it went thru the target and was sticking out the back but it wasn't open don't know if it closed back when it stopped so kind of worried about that any suggestion
The 4 blade "Carni-fours" may fly pretty well and depending on the target (how dense) they may close when the arrow stops. You should be bale to see the open blade pattern on the back side of the target where the arrow passed through it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts