Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who uses their grunt call just for the rut? I use mine as soon as the season starts, I’ll try blind calling with short calm grunts to see in anything responds. It’s worked on bucks that were way out of range and got their attention and they moved in closer to check it out. Just wanted to hear any success stories.
PBR

·
Registered
123 Posts
I also take one year round, I just use it occasionally with light grunts. Or if I see one and try to get them in range or a clear shot.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
I only use in the seeking phase. Sometimes it works, sometimes they act like they are deaf.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I agree, doesn’t always produce. I’ve had it work a couple of times but I could at least see deer when it did work.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I stopped using a call years ago. There were so many "Expert" callers here at the club that the deer scattered like a fireworks explosion at the first toot. I used to hunt quiet near a couple of them and tag deer that were walking around them. I know plenty of guys that have great success calling, but I like to be quiet.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I’m way out in public land and hoping they don’t hear to many calls, just want to get their attention

·
Registered
226 Posts
When I go hunting quiet is the name of the game. I always hope one of the neighboring hunters fancies himself as The Pied Piper though.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I've forgotten mine in the truck or at camp, and Ill turn around and go back to get it. I may never even pick it up to use it, but I have with me just incase. Kind of like 4 wheel drive hardly ever use it , but when u need it its nice to know its their.

·
Registered
10,897 Posts
I rarely use one unless I see a buck I want a better look at. I have grunted in a couple that I ended up shooting.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts