Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey. I'm decided to buy excalibur ADF. Today my package will be delivered and i have a question. ADF isnt packed in original box. No manual or instruction and seems to me like used. What do you guys think? I buy it from dealer not from excalibur. Thanks

Attachments

·
Happy Member
5,433 Posts
That looks used to me. I’d send it back and buy elsewhere. Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone X using Tapatalk

·
2,781 Posts
Looks fine, but you will need the retention spring, or convert it to a brush. None of the Guardians I bought came with the retention spring.

·
Crossbow Nut
3,097 Posts
Looks fine, but you will need the retention spring, or convert it to a brush. None of the Guardians I bought came with the retention spring.
I don't remember, been a long time, but don't you reuse the original holddown spring? Seems I remember using a diamond file to open the holes on the hardened steel original holddown to fit it on the Guardian ADF?

·
2,781 Posts
I don't remember, been a long time, but don't you reuse the original holddown spring? Seems I remember using a diamond file to open the holes on the hardened steel original holddown to fit it on the Guardian ADF?
Could be, Cal. The only one I put the blade on, it was that PVC blade you sent me years ago. The others I set up with a brush.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Could be, Cal. The only one I put the blade on, it was that PVC blade you sent me years ago. The others I set up with a brush.
Do you have any pictures of your brush setups? What brush did you use in it?

·
Happy Member
5,433 Posts
The point is that it is definitely used and not new. It should have came with screws, instructions and a new rubber gasket for the arrow retention spring. That’s how my new Guardian came.

Sent from my iPhone X using Tapatalk

·
2,781 Posts
Wheelsquad, this is the best pic I can find. It's a fairly old one, but you can see it. Most of my brush retainers are old Octane Hostage rest brushes, backed by a spacer (3/16" PVC works well). Now that Ten Point brushes are easily available (Wyvern and other sources), I'd just get one of those and fit it to the Guardian and height needed.

Guardian with button head screws.jpg

1 - 12 of 12 Posts